Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling he’ll grab it with two hands, two feet, and... well, safe to say he’ll thrust himself into the first team.
Not sure he is ready yet. The reality is expect to see a lot more of Yaya over the coming weeks as we adopt a more defensive approach.

Mahrez would of been a bonus signing (not at their price) but we should have good for rest this season and if we sort out our set pieces we have a few threats.

Astute move by us to refuse to exceed £60m. And well done to Leicester for refusing to budge. Mahrez’s has put himself into an extremely uncomfortable position, though.

I fear a lot of brave folk on here who are congratulating City today will be looking a little at what might have been in the Spring.

We will win the league barring a disaster but I suspect not by as much as you think.

We may win a cup with luck.

But no way stretched as we are with inevitable further injuries and limited rotation are we going to seize perhaps the only ever chance of a quadruple.

This signing might have been the difference and I think Pep knew that.

But if we knew they wanted £90 m yesterday (and we all did on here so it was not a secret) playing it out as we have is bemusing and leaving Mahrez bereft like Sanchez was last day of the last window leaves an image that will stick in players heads.

Not to our long term advantage.
Mate, with respect you're being short sighted.

If we'd acquired Sanchez for 500 thousand a week and then spent 95 million on Riyadh, unsettled the squad with players wanting more and putting our wage cap through the roof....then for the next 5 years we'd regress.

This year matters, but no way does it matter that every future signing has to be 90+ million and on wages of 400+ a week.

I'm not saying you're spitting out your dummy, but some folk on here tonight have been like spoilt brats.

The future matters, it's mattered from day one, Leicester or sanchez won't ruin that for us.

Jesus back shortly, Sane back in just over a month and David Silva missing the occasional game. No, we're not.

didnt pep say last week jesus is at least weeks away and sane is out 7 weeks? last time i checked 7 weeks is almost 2 months......

Well let’s concentrate on the game tonight now,hopefully three points and no injuries,oh and one last thing don’t know if it had been mentioned but rihiad Mahrez’s initials are RM the same as Rodney Marsh maybe it’s a lucky omen we’ve missed out ;-)

Fairplay I just don’t get the anger and bitterness. So, we didn’t get Mahrez. Hey ducking ho. Who says we’ve left it too late? Who really knows what’s happening behind closed doors? We are EASILY one of the best run clubs in the land, possibly the world and still there’s a GROWING element of spoilers spreading their faithless bile!

not that bad mate but we missed on Sanchez last day of the summer window and miss Mahrez last day of Jan window...fact!;) (unless something happens in last few hours!)
You might watch the match tonight instead of spending your time on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.