Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last August they offered 60m for Alexis who wanted out and had one year left on his deal...Arsenal fucked around

They reportedly were willing to go to 60m on VVD, but Liverpool offered 75m

They reportedly offered 60m for Mahrez and LFC for some reason thought 95m was more reasonable.

I'd hardly blame City for any of those three transfers not happening.

$95m is no where near market value for Mahrez. its insane. He's a fine player, but that's crazy money. These numbers are getting over inflated by the Barca transfers but that was such an odd situation they almost have to be taken as outliers. Barca were already a team capable of spending huge amounts of money who happened to have had an influx of some 200m because PSG paid a clause nobody thought any team would have the balls to pay for the 3rd best player in the world. Barca are left with an enormous amount of money on hand and then use it to sign two very young, very talented players from Champions league teams. These teams had no reason to sell other than for astronomical sums of money, which Barca were able and willing to pay because they needed to calm their fan bases down with marquee signings. To extrapolate this as teh "new norm" is not reasonable. What teams out there can pay LFC 95m for Mahrez?? Us..maybe Chelsea if they sell Hazard. Madrid isnt signing him. PSG isnt signing him. Barca clearly arent..thats it, nobody else is spending that money. They are perfectly entitled to value him at whatever they want, that's not his market value. If they want to keep him, good on them, their choice. But don't blame other teams for looking at that tag and saying "yea, no chance, good luck on your future endevors."
Good intellegent post mate. Completely agree.

I see it's fucking infested with rags and wums on here again. They can't help themselves. Like moths to a flame. One of the bonuses of missing out on a target I suppose. Makes them easy to spot.

By all accounts we did

We did and we didn't. I think if the club offered £65m for him then fair enough that's in the region of what I'd think is a fair price, but they didn't really go all out and accept they'd have to overpay a bit to convince a team to lose their best player with a last minute offer and 0 time to replace him, which seems a little naive or non-committal.

I don't know, it just feels like if you arrive with offers on deadline day, you can't expect to not be made to pay extra for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.