Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this one happens... I think he’ll be a perfect fit for us and I’m far more excited for Mahrez than I was for Sanchez - both players have been off the pace and a bit disillusioned at their clubs, but I think Mahrez has performed better and has the age on his side.

It isn’t knee-jerk or a temp stop gap for Sane, it’s because he fits the profile for the long term plan. Player of the year not too long ago and he’s a class act. I’d take him all day long and I hope it happens...

It’s far from a derogatory offer, but it’s below his market value. Get it done at £70m and I’m happy. A window with Mahrez and Laporte in and that’s a very good window and I’d be excited at the prospect of them both.

Less wages than Sanchez, considerably younger and a better fit in my eyes

I reckon Dortmund are playing Arsenal like Arsenal played us in the summer. The German deadline will pass at 5pm without them finding (or even trying to find) a replacement and Aubameyang will head back to Dortmund

A deseperate Wenger will then pay Leicester whatever they want and he'll be an Arsenal player by 11pm

No matter what we bid today, it will be rejected. We've got the message and gone to bed. Tomorrow is a different day though. And the forecast is nice.
One last twitter refresh and I'm off! It's the hope that kills you.

We're 12 points clear at the top of the league and because we get a couple of medium term injuries to players who can play as the left sided forward, we have to break our record transfer on a decent-at-best new player?

If we're not willing to give a kid a chance now, we never will.
Wildly underestimating both Mahrez and our situation. Yes we can probably coast to the league title on what we have at present, even with an inevitable dip due to injuries but signing Mahrez allows us to go all out for an unprecedented four trophies. Whilst i dont think we will manage it personally, even with Mahrez, I don't think we will ever have such a strong chance again and effectively passing on the chance to save a few quid is absolute lunacy. There's potential never to be seen again history to be made this season, Txiki and pep seem to recognise this and will do everything to give us the best chance of making it happen.

Really not keen on this transfer. I just don't think he's worth that amount of money or a player that I'd really want. I'd rather wait until the summer and go after someone that can play across the front line more.

Really surprised how many people are underestimating Mahrez. He is a brilliant player who improves us not only now but when everyone is fit, he may have less potential due to age, but we are in for trophies this season he improves our chances immensely imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.