Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the example remains just as bad. Not the point though.
How? The example I gave had absolutely nothing to do with Ferran but how people in the forum bend over backwards to see replacements within the squad. Ferran didn’t stay those other 6 months as a 9 nor was he ever brought it as that. It’s why I am still skeptical that Phil will suddenly be permanently moved to midfield as the majority seem to think. It just reads like fetishizing to me

How? The example I gave had absolutely nothing to do with Ferran but how people in the forum bend over backwards to see replacements within the squad. Ferran didn’t stay those other 6 months as a 9 nor was he ever brought it as that. It’s why I am still skeptical that Phil will suddenly be permanently moved to midfield as the majority seem to think. It just reads like fetishizing to me

Because people saying we didn't need a striker, while we had a player playing as a striker, turned out to have been right if we only signed a striker 6 months after that player left.

Because people saying we didn't need a striker, while we had a player playing as a striker, turned out to have been right if we only signed a striker 6 months after that player left.
Huh? I don’t understand how you can be making this point. We didn’t have a natural 9 in the squad. He had that ONE dead rubber game at the very end of a season playing centrally and doing well. My point was, some people looked at that ONE game and argued he could be our 9. That wasn’t true and was never in consideration as we pursued a big name striker that summer. And his role the following season wasn’t going to be of a 9 — not what he was brought in for either. Also, in the half of the season before he moved to Barcelona he barely played because of an injury. You’re framing separate facts to claim we signed a signed in the summer of 2022 because Ferran Torres had left in January which is bizarre

Palmer and Mahrez gone. Who’s our rw players next season? Bernardo probably gone too and Foden plays centrally from now on.

Palmer and Mahrez gone. Who’s our rw players next season? Bernardo probably gone too and Foden plays centrally from now on.
If all these players leave it would be very surprising if Foden won't play more on the wing than centrally next season. Its just common sense, regardless of what Jack Gaughan wrote before any of these players left.

No one here probably has an insight into our replacement list, but I expect us to move quickly in the market

Pep probably concert Phillips into a right winger and Oscar bob an option
This is the version of “Kalvin Phillips can play CB if Ake goes to Chelsea” for this summer. Funnier though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.