Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of anyone that we could bring in to play on that side.
If the rumors of Madrid being willing to make a big sale to fund Mbappe are true, might be worth taking a shot at Valverde. Super Versatile, and is the perfect profile for us age-wise if we are looking to inject more youth.

I think I’d be fine with Palmer becoming the number one back up for RW, as long as it means Fodens position is now RW. Palmer hardly played in his preferred position last season, he mainly got stuck out on the left. McAtee will have Palmers role from last season, featuring in cup games and the odd few minutes. It’s all a part of their progression.

There were reports that Foden will be dropping back into midfield this season, I just can’t see that being true unless we sign a winger.

If we replace him how does Phil get in the team ?

For me Phil is automatically a replacement.
How many games has Phil actually played out there? Hopefully Foden moves centrally more this season. If Mahrez goes we definitely need to bring another wide forward in. We don’t have much proven cover for Grealish on the other side either with only Foden proven to be top class on the left.

I also remember how after Ferran scored a hat-trick against Newcastle in a completely irrelevant game there were people saying we didn’t need Haaland or a center forward, we had found our 9 in him! Not to mention the endless times Delap was hailed as the reason we didn’t need Kane or Haaland

I agree with you on the underlying point, and am convinced whoever leaves will be replaced by a quality (or versatile) player.

But we signed no strikers while Torres was here, but 6 months after he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.