Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he's not for everyone but Riyad has been a good player for us, and I do think we'll miss him. That said 30m is fantastic business at his age and now feels like the perfect time to replace him since we're going through a natural rebuild anyway. Think it's the right move for both parties in the end.

People have a weird idea of how to replace world class players, thinking a 20 yo with 1 goal in the league can replace arguably the best African player since Yaya… Palmer was suppose to replace Ferran and then Sterling and never really lived up to it. Now the third player goes and still no actual winger signed. It’s lazy.

If a pivotal player like Mahrez Walker and Bernardo goes, all warrants a bigger player that can fill their boots, or you fall behind

It's not a direct replacement for Mahrez though is it... If Bernardo stays and plays on the right sometimes with Foden there at other times too, then even with Gundo and Mahrez gone in midfield Palmer or McAtee wouldn't be immediate starters, or even 2nd choice in their position as things stand now with no other incomings in our midfield. Remember that Alvarez is likely a contender to play behind Haaland too at times, don't forget that he's even had a good few strong performances while playing there.

Kids like Palmer McAtee and Bobb would only be backup players at best even if they're defo in our plans next season, these kids aren't going straight into the team just as Rico Lewis isn't either as he's backup too all of them are.

I'm confident in saying our starting lineup as long as Bernardo stays is still the very best on paper even with the other potential outgoings, having a few kids as backup for 2nd choice players (which is what they'll be) isn't going to be as detrimental to our squad as many seem to think it will be, personally I want replacement for all of these guys but we've got plenty of versatility just don't completely underestimate the kids.

Oscar Bobb as his replacement for me.
He's a fantastic talent. He already looks good enough for the first team squad. Amazing technical ability and he looks like a hybrid of Merlin, Bernie, Mahrez and Sane. Superb balance and eye for a pass. I know its against young players in the video but still...

He's a fantastic talent. He already looks good enough for the first team squad. Amazing technical ability and he looks like a hybrid of Merlin, Bernie, Mahrez and Sane. Superb balance and eye for a pass. I know its against young players in the video but still...

This is against some of the best U21 players in the world; Tonali, Le Fee, Caqueret

This is against some of the best U21 players in the world; Tonali, Le Fee, Caqueret

The competition was a good showcase for him, no doubt. But players like Gomez and Palmer who have not done too well for us also had a good U21 Euros. And that is the perspective. It’s still a competition of a low level — again only youngsters against youngsters and the tactical work all throughout was subpar. If anything, what could qualify him for being a squad player would have to be the EDS.

Prob my fav city player to watch since Dave left. Think we will really struggle to replace him. He has scored and assisted so many goals for us, his ball retention is elite and his first touch was just a joy to watch.

To the posters who slag him off for not celebrating wildly after the champs league and fa cup wins. I can’t blame him tbh. He would have been devastated to not play in those games (especially after his hat trick). I personally don’t understand how players can celebrate wildly when they have played very little part but each to their own.

Yep the only way we get Alvarez in the team consistently is with a 4-1-3-2 system! Something like this>>

__________Ederson___________

Stones___Dias___Ake___Akanji

___________Rodri___________

Silva_____Foden____Grealish

_____Alvarez__Haaland_____

Stokes can also move into midfield like he has done also to bolster midfield area
I think Stokes has his hands full in the ashes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.