Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen a player who could bring down a ball coming hard & fast at him, get it under control and move forward with it as smoothly as Riyad Mahrez does. Could be said that his only real attacking move was cutting in from the right and shooting but he was damn good at it. He's never had the love some other players get. Good luck to him in Saudi, make a fortune a kid from the rougher parts of Paris could never have dreamed of and retire home in comfort.

£18m………… fucking lol
Haha is he off to Al Luton Town.

Low balling fuckers, that fee is about half a seasons fucking wages over there.

If he's off he's off but for a decent price.

He'll no doubt be missed especially as an option from the bench but not a spine of the team type player. Great ball control but too much cutting inside for my liking, finishing a bit hit & miss especially pens.

Similar to Tony Coton (get your tony on) Riyad will forever be FFS Mahrez when a bollock is dropped in our house to be fair that's not something used much at games these days as his performances have improved over the years but the saying will stand forever.

"Match going City fan from 1970 before anyone takes offense. ;)

Last edited:
OK. So here goes with my view on Mahrez. One of the most technically gifted players I have ever seen. His first touch is insane, but he is one of a few that gives the impression of laziness. I am not saying he IS lazy, but he has this attitude, like Sane had and Palmer has, that they aren't bothered. Again, I am not saying they actually aren't bothered, but that it's an impression they give off. Bernardo runs around like a crazy guy for 90 minutes, always involved and looks like it hurts when it doesn't go right. Fans love him. Mahrez, Sane and Palmer, insane talent, can do magical things, but really look like they aren't bothered at all. Fans divided.

Nothing they can do about it, I suppose. It's just how they are. But it explains, imho, why fans see them differently to a Bernardo, Aguero, Fernandinho, Kompany and the rest who are more open on the pitch with their emotions.

As of now, it's a good time for him to leave, I think. And he goes with my best wishes for everything he has done. And he has done well from an immigrant family in the rough end of Paris to where he is now. Good for him, I say.

He ain't going anywhere for 18 million. That offer doesn't suggest they'll be doubling it either to reach what most would consider a fair price.
40 million for that useless twat whose legs have gone at scousepool as well.
So, ahem, get fucked!

He ain't going anywhere for 18 million. That offer doesn't suggest they'll be doubling it either to reach what most would consider a fair price.
40 million for that useless twat whose legs have gone at scousepool as well.
So, ahem, get fucked!
It came via the mail so I wouldn't get too bent out of shape by the claim.

Saudi cunts are happy to pay ridiculous salaries but don't like paying transfer fees, cheeky cunts

OK. So here goes with my view on Mahrez. One of the most technically gifted players I have ever seen. His first touch is insane, but he is one of a few that gives the impression of laziness. I am not saying he IS lazy, but he has this attitude, like Sane had and Palmer has, that they aren't bothered. Again, I am not saying they actually aren't bothered, but that it's an impression they give off. Bernardo runs around like a crazy guy for 90 minutes, always involved and looks like it hurts when it doesn't go right. Fans love him. Mahrez, Sane and Palmer, insane talent, can do magical things, but really look like they aren't bothered at all. Fans divided.

Nothing they can do about it, I suppose. It's just how they are. But it explains, imho, why fans see them differently to a Bernardo, Aguero, Fernandinho, Kompany and the rest who are more open on the pitch with their emotions.

As of now, it's a good time for him to leave, I think. And he goes with my best wishes for everything he has done. And he has done well from an immigrant family in the rough end of Paris to where he is now. Good for him, I say.

I actually thought especially last season in CL, his tracking back was quality.

As everyone has rightly said his control was a thing of beauty.

There is a reason that City offered him the extension beginning of last year and it was that with his technical ability that he would maintain a useful squad member even as he got older.

I think he will be missed, but he is replaceable. I think £30 million is fair given how much money they are throwing at players.

I think we will see a mixture of Bernardo (please don’t go), Foden on the right, with Kovetic, Alvarez and De Bruyne in the centre (plus potentially Bernardo/ Foden, when the other is on the right).

Judge at the end of the transfer window, but we need one more or confidence in McAtee to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.