Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
City should warn Al Ahli, they should pay 30m upfront within 3 days or this deal will never be done.
They would point to our dealings for Gvardiol and call us hypocrites. It's been more than a month, and our initial offers were 20m quid below his valuation. Having said that, I am sure it will get done, but it will be like 25m up front and 5m add-ons.

They would point to our dealings for Gvardiol and call us hypocrites. It's been more than a month, and our initial offers were 20m quid below his valuation. Having said that, I am sure it will get done, but it will be like 25m up front and 5m add-ons.
But what we were offered for Mahrez was what we expect as a transfer fee for an EDS player, but what we have offered for Gvardiol is up close to the highest fees for a CB.

But what we were offered for Mahrez was what we expect as a transfer fee for an EDS player, but what we have offered for Gvardiol is up close to the highest fees for a CB.
I know, but both fees are still way off the expected valuation. In my opinion, Mahrez is at least 30m pounds, and Gvardiol (in the current market) is at least 100m euros.

His goals and assists will be a loss for the club, but if I were in his shoes I will push for the deal, it's life changing money he is offered, especially if you factor in taxes. I hope the Club is working on replacement though, we lost so many goal scorers these last two seasons, we can't just rely on Haaland.

Life changing money?? Mahrez is already a multimillonaire ffs. £30m is hardly astronomical in comparison to what other teams are buying up the rest for.

Last edited:
His goals and assists will be a loss for the club, but if I were in his shoes I will push for the deal, it's life changing money he is offered, especially if you factor in taxes. I hope the Club is working on replacement though, we lost so many goal scorers these last two seasons, we can't just rely on Haaland.

I'm not sure how much more money a multi millionaire needs but yes some people will go anywhere for extra cash. To be fair his game time is going to be limited here so he probably thinks why not?

Life changing money?? Mahrez is already a multi-millonaire ffs. £30m is hardly astronomical in comparison to what other teams are buying up the rest for.

It's human nature to always want more, with that deal his grandchildren will not have to worry about money.

Not really that is just plain greed. Although there is no harm in haggling If they want the player they have to match the fee
it's a bit off topic but they are used to a life style that is very expensive to maintain, especially with the short careers they have, actually many footballers end up broke.

Last edited:
It's human nature to always want more, with that deal his grandchildren will not have to worry about money.
Unfortunately you are correct. I’d like to think “want more” means professional improvement or personal development etc. But you are correct it’s cash. The issue is for many is once you’ve bought your £2 million house and have £2 million in the bank, what else do you need? As for your point about children / grandchildren it’s not going to help them if they’re born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouths as they invariably turn out to be cunts. Just my opinion.

Point is that you are correct, unfortunately. I just disagree you find it “understandable”. He can retire today and never worry about a Gas bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.