Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
His goals and assists will be a loss for the club, but if I were in his shoes I will push for the deal, it's life changing money he is offered, especially if you factor in taxes. I hope the Club is working on replacement though, we lost so many goal scorers these last two seasons, we can't just rely on Haaland.
The life changing money but i struggle with what they’re already on

His goals and assists will be a loss for the club, but if I were in his shoes I will push for the deal, it's life changing money he is offered, especially if you factor in taxes. I hope the Club is working on replacement though, we lost so many goal scorers these last two seasons, we can't just rely on Haaland.
There is a fantastic little Argentinian striker at the club currently,. A World Cup winning goal scorer at that, unless the media have sold him without us knowing.

Life changing money?? Mahrez is already a multi-millonaire ffs. £30m is hardly astronomical in comparison to what other teams are buying up the rest for.
There's nothing that boils my piss like a multimillionaire footballer trying to justify a pay day transfer by saying it's necessary for the financial security of his family.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you are correct. I’d like to think “want more” means professional improvement or personal development etc. But you are correct it’s cash. The issue is for many is once you’ve bought your £2 million house and have £2 million in the bank, what else do you need? As for your point about children / grandchildren it’s not going to help them if they’re born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouths as they invariably turn out to be cunts. Just my opinion.

Point is that you are correct, unfortunately. I just disagree you find it “understandable”. He can retire today and never worry about a Gas bill.
There speaks a man who has never had the kind of lifestyle that I'm sure Mahrez has. £2M in the bank is probably not going to fund that for the next 5 years, let alone 50 years.

It's getting the most he can for doing a certain job. Most would do the same, especially coming towards the end of their careers.

Unfortunately you are correct. I’d like to think “want more” means professional improvement or personal development etc. But you are correct it’s cash. The issue is for many is once you’ve bought your £2 million house and have £2 million in the bank, what else do you need? As for your point about children / grandchildren it’s not going to help them if they’re born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouths as they invariably turn out to be cunts. Just my opinion.

Point is that you are correct, unfortunately. I just disagree you find it “understandable”. He can retire today and never worry about a Gas bill.
I don't think it's quite as black and white as that. There's a couple of dog walkers in our local park who won £2 million on the lottery, they bought a big piece of land and built their dream massive house on it with every imaginable extra they could think of. They then found out that they couldn't afford the community charge as they jumped from (I think) a small council house to the top band. Let alone all of the other running costs for a big house.

I'd imagine it's like that in spades for rich footballers, once you've got the life style it's hard to batten down and go to Blackpool for your hols when you've gotten used to Monte Carlo.

This is how wealth can be a trap. People tend to live up to their income, whatever it is.

It's one thing to live on 20k. Quite another to go down from 40k to 20k. And footballers potentially face a very much steeper drop in income when they retire.

So I sort of understand. You can argue that people shouldn't be greedy, but humans often are.

Will wish him luck if he goes. I would not turn down £25m a year tax free v £8.3m which is taxed at 32 if I had won everything I could whilst playing in a foreign country anyway. Being called greedy would not effect me in any way.
Effectively he can earn in a couple of years what he has earnt in his whole career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.