Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will wish him luck if he goes. I would not turn down £25m a year tax free v £8.3m which is taxed at 32 if I had won everything I could whilst playing in a foreign country anyway. Being called greedy would not effect me in any way.
Effectively he can earn in a couple of years what he has earnt in his whole career.
The other thing is a lot of these footballers come from poor communities. Some , not all, will want to help those communities and will see Saudi money as a way to do that too. No idea if Mahrez is in that boat or not, but looking for these sums is not always just greed.

it's a bit off topic but they are used to a life style that is very expensive to maintain, especially with the short careers they have, actually many footballers end up broke.

He should be earning enough at City to fund a very good standard of living for the rest of his days but he certainly does live well.

However, the money he is being offered from Saudi is very hard to turn down. He doesn't really want to go but he has obviously decided it is too much to say no to.

Will wish him luck if he goes. I would not turn down £25m a year tax free v £8.3m which is taxed at 32 if I had won everything I could whilst playing in a foreign country anyway. Being called greedy would not effect me in any way.
Effectively he can earn in a couple of years what he has earnt in his whole career.
Would love to be called a greedy Cnut instead of tight Bastard by my kids tbh

I believe this to be bollocks.

He undoubtedly wouldn't have been happy not playing but he is going for the money pure and simple.
Obviously it’s about the money. As if we will fault manager who won us a treble.

I've noticed recently, that when I make a decision, it's days before I remember why.

Or alternatively, I'm making up answers in retrospect to suit me - because why I choose this, or that is usually a blur of maybe thousands of thoughts and feelings, right up to the moment I pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.