Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be really sad to see Mahrez leave. Thought at times he got unfair stick on here (and in the stands). He was a sensational player, and very underrated on the forum.

The Best first touch in football, and could beat players from a standing point. Made Mbappe, Messi and Neymar look bang average when we played PSG at the Etihad in 2021. Unbelievable player and we were very lucky to watch him week in week out. Also a very nice lad who never caused us any trouble. Once a Blue, always a blue and at 60m he was a bargain.

One of the most talented players I've ever seen grace a pitch in a City shirt.

I was worried about Riyad at first, but he showed strength of character throughout his stay. I'm easy on him not being an integral part of the team dynamic, because he delivered goals and more. But that does make it easier to say goodbye. How on earth do you replace that technique?

Phil Foden. Has to be. Anyone counting him in midfield for this year needs shooting.

Rayan Cherki would be an amazing replacement.

The reported price for him is stupidly low for his value.

Maybe they would be different, if they had lived through the purchases of Lee Bradbury, Gerry Creeney and Laurent Charvet.
Don’t forget Barry Conlon! Joking apart when we signed Creaney I was working in Moss Side. I used to take my butties down to Platt Ln in my dinner hour to watch them train. I remember him rocking up for training. I thought - Fuck me, we’ve traded Paul Walsh for this **** - I couldn’t believe it! Sorry proper off topic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.