Rob Burrow

Feel for him . Bloody 37. I was diagnosed with MND July 2018 after 18 months of tests. I am fully reliant on my wife now for all every day life,i can do nothing for myself. That said i am ok in myself and am happy.
My worry for Rob is it's started in his bulbar area, usually lethal in months. My doc reiterated on Wednesday i am in my last 12 months of life,sad but I'm 65.not 37 ffs.

Oh and i told him he was chatting shit :)

As already said and I am sure you hear it from the important people in your life to keep fighting and all I can personally offer are my continued thoughts and prayers for you Bill and your family...

Hopefully the extra awareness you and others are bringing to this disease raise enough money to start making an impact on treatment for it.

As already said and I am sure you hear it from the important people in your life to keep fighting and all I can personally offer are my continued thoughts and prayers for you Bill and your family...

Hopefully the extra awareness you and others are bringing to this disease raise enough money to start making an impact on treatment for it.
Thanks.
It WILL be beaten. I have pledged my brain and spinal cord for research. Also my blood,they may or not use it but they asked for it.
We have to stop these young people getting this terrible disease.

It was Jamie Jones-Buchanan's testimonial yesterday and Rob played the last five minutes.

It was Jamie Jones-Buchanan's testimonial yesterday and Rob played the last five minutes.

Jamie and Rob had agreed to have a joint event and used JJB’s testimonial for it. It was generous of JJB to share his big day but it shared the togetherness of the Rugby League family. In the end JJB smashed it as the best supporting act with his speech about Rob and lauding (deservedly so) the Bradford Bulls fans who had showed great support for Rob despite being big rivals with the Rhinos.

I was at the game yesterday at Headingley. I was happy give the game at Villa a miss for this one. It was a very emotional day and the atmosphere was down in the first half. The players really got stuck into each other in the last 2nd half, including when the legends came on in the last 10 minutes or so. The atmosphere was much improved and it turned into more a celebration for Rob and Jamie.

That said, I was overwhelmed when Rob spoke and the Bradford Bulls fans sang, “There’s only One Rob Burrow”. I was back in my local to see City for the 2nd half for what turned out to be a memorable day.

Sorry to here about your trip to the Docs @Bill and keep the fight going. You are a legend of Bluemoon.

Feel for him . Bloody 37. I was diagnosed with MND July 2018 after 18 months of tests. I am fully reliant on my wife now for all every day life,i can do nothing for myself. That said i am ok in myself and am happy.
My worry for Rob is it's started in his bulbar area, usually lethal in months. My doc reiterated on Wednesday i am in my last 12 months of life,sad but I'm 65.not 37 ffs.

Oh and i told him he was chatting shit :)

One of the few posters I've met on here as you got me a Spurs ticket when i flew back from South Africa.

You're a top bloke mate, keep fighting and keep that sense of humour.

All the best to Rob and his family as well, a true RL great.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of yet insurance companies refusing to pay me out for terminal illness.
Why did i expect anything else.

They are on here watching you say you will beat it mate ;-)

On a serious note its a disgrace but like you, not surprised, its a racket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.