Robbie debut for Santos tonight?

Failsworth_Blue said:
Unknown_Genius said:
He also would have done something of note at Real Madrid. So thats the two strongest leagues in the world he's failed at. Thats really world class.

I know exactly where your coming from here. Scoring 11 goals and having 14 assists in a Real Madrid side that won La Liga in his last season there isn't anything to be proud of. The following season he then scored 14 premier leauge goals in his first season for a team who had a lot of average players

Robinho may have wanted the move to Santon even if he was playing first team football with us and i have no problem with people not wanting him here but when people start making stuff up it's when it gets quite annoying

He scored 14 goals with us, okay. What about all those games where he did nothing, and there were alot of them, for over half of last season he was poor. He's also done nothing this season, apart from one game against a team that are fighting to stay in the Championship. At Real he wanted out, he sulked, kicked up a fuss, and they were quite happy to get rid of him. He failed to achieve his potential there. I expect a bit more from a British record signing, who has a supposed "world class" label".

Unknown_Genius said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
I know exactly where your coming from here. Scoring 11 goals and having 14 assists in a Real Madrid side that won La Liga in his last season there isn't anything to be proud of. The following season he then scored 14 premier leauge goals in his first season for a team who had a lot of average players

Robinho may have wanted the move to Santon even if he was playing first team football with us and i have no problem with people not wanting him here but when people start making stuff up it's when it gets quite annoying

He scored 14 goals with us, okay. What about all those games where he did nothing, and there were alot of them, for over half of last season he was poor. He's also done nothing this season, apart from one game against a team that are fighting to stay in the Championship. At Real he wanted out, he sulked, kicked up a fuss, and they were quite happy to get rid of him. He failed to achieve his potential there. I expect a bit more from a British record signing, who has a supposed "world class" label".

Of course Robinho had poor games last season but how many of our players don't have numerous poor games during a season. Tevez has had a good season for us so far, the same goes for Bellamy but they've also had their fair share of poor games this season but i appreciate that they're footballers and they are going to have bad games every now and then. Fact remains that Robinho scored 14 leauge games which is nearly 1 in 2 from the left wing in his first season in English football following on from him playing a key part in Real Madrid winning La Liga. If you read some peoples views on here you'll think he's never achieved anything during his career and is an average footballer when quite clearly he's not

Failsworth_Blue said:
Unknown_Genius said:

Of course Robinho had poor games last season but how many of our players don't have numerous poor games during a season. Tevez has had a good season for us so far, the same goes for Bellamy but they've also had their fair share of poor games this season but i appreciate that they're footballers and they are going to have bad games every now and then. Fact remains that Robinho scored 14 leauge games which is nearly 1 in 2 from the left wing in his first season in English football following on from him playing a key part in Real Madrid winning La Liga. If you read some peoples views on here you'll think he's never achieved anything during his career and is an average footballer when quite clearly he's not

Well said! Oh and I cant believe some people think thats offside, no wonder there is so much shit posted on here if thats the amount they know about football!

For once i wish people would put down the pitchforks and just have a look at City as a team and Robinho as an individual.

I've read some right shite on this thread about how we is working hard for Santos but never did for us. Bollocks. He worked for us. Did he work as hard as Tevez and Bellamy? No. Did he work as hard as Petrov and Adebayor? Definitely....probably harder than Petrov in fact. Infact he worked just as hard as the likes of Aguero, Messi, Ronaldo or pretty much any world class playmaker that get's drooled over in the transfer forum. Just because a player doesn't run around like Dickov, if doesn't mean he's lazy.

But then you'll say 'ah yes but Ronaldo and Messi are world class so they don't have to work hard'. Which is true, but would they look world class in our team? Probably not. Because we don't keep possession away from home...which funnily enough is where Robinho 'goes missing'.

The thing with Bluemoon is it become fashionable to bash one player but then it's almost forbidden to bash another player. Hands on heart, how many people would have bothered to slag Robinho off for his performance against Everton if he hadn't of been taken off? - And let's be honest he could have taken anyone off that day. Everyone had a shocker.

Where are the 30/40 page threads slagging Ireland off for not getting anywhere near his form of last season? I know Ireland hasn't had a run of consistent action but neither did Robinho....plus he had a bone fracture to recover from. Or where are the big fuck off Gareth Barry threads? Why aren't there 40 page threads about him and his obvious inability to have any effect on the game despite him being a starter for England and supposedly a top drawer midfielder?

At the end of the day Robbie is Robbie. He isn't world class. He's capable of producing world class moments though. And in a team who keep the ball long enough to allow him touches in and around the opponents area, he will would be very good. For City he suffered, because we don't keep the ball and he doesn't run around like Dickov. It's the same reason Adebayor keeps getting labelled Lazy and will happen to every attcker we sign who doesn't have the work-rate of Bellamy/Tevez.

In summary, i've seen some blues on here giving Robbie more stick than they'd give Gary Neville and that is pretty shit seen as though we pride ourselves on being the greatest fans in the land.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Unknown_Genius said:

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just don't agree with this notion some people have of him being world class. To me world class is an overused term in football, you can have all the talent in the world, but that does not make you world class, its what you do with it, that counts. Robinho is very talented, but he has he fulfilled his potential? I don't think he has. Messi and Ronaldo are examples of footballers, that have/are fulfilling their potential, Robinho is probably as naturally gifted as those guys, but the difference is they've done something with it, and Robinho for whatever reason hasn't.

Unknown_Genius said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just don't agree with this notion some people have of him being world class. To me world class is an overused term in football, you can have all the talent in the world, but that does not make you world class, its what you do with it, that counts. Robinho is very talented, but he has he fulfilled his potential? I don't think he has. Messi and Ronaldo are examples of footballers, that have/are fulfilling their potential, Robinho is probably as naturally gifted as those guys, but the difference is they've done something with it, and Robinho for whatever reason hasn't.

Can't disagree with any of what you've just said. The problem i had with your post was that you said Robbbie hadn't done anything at Madrid which i felt was incorrect. Sadly though while he's playing in the Brazilian leauge he's never going to fulfil his potential but thats his own fault for taking the easy choice and going back to Santos rather than staying here and trying to win his place back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.