Robbie gone. (Merged)

Would the best player in the world move back to the humble beginings from whence he came at the age of 26, take a 70% pay cut and have none of even the 2nd tier clubs in Europe even offering a loan deal.
I was curious when we signed him because the image I had of him wasn't exactly how most City fans were describing him. I knew he had been a promising youngster but was in and out of the Real side and caused a lot of disruption. Still it was a class above who we had been signing and was carried away with the excitement. In hindsight Robinho is very similar to how Anelka was, a career on a downward slope largely down to attitude and personality rather than lack of ability. Had Robinho been French I'm sure he'd have cost around £15m and he'd have been a bit of a punt.
I do hope he has a great world cup and maybe we snag an interested party out of it!

My Sunday visit to the East Stand now provides a dilemma. I am sandwiched between a Hughes hater(now silenced) and a Robbie hater (now also presumably silenced) how can I maintain a straight face when they start on Mancini and Cook?

Robinho deal agreed, he's gone.

Manchester City have confirmed that they have reached an agreement to loan Robinho to Santos for a period of six months.

It is understood that the Brazilian will now return to his homeland on Sunday, with City announcing Santos will assume all of the player's contract terms, including wages and bonuses.

Robinho stated prior to Sunday's FA Cup victory at Scunthorpe, in which he started and scored, that he was unhappy he was not guaranteed first-team football under Roberto Mancini in a World Cup year.

Manager Mancini wanted the British-record signing of predecessor Mark Hughes to stay at Eastlands but omitted the former Real Madrid man from Wednesday's Carling Cup semi-final defeat at Manchester United.

Criticism
The move was viewed as evidence that Robinho, who had previously stated he was '90 per cent certain' to join former club Santos, was set to leave and the £32.5million man's temporary exit has now become reality.

Mancini told City's official website: "Robinho is someone who needs to be playing regularly and we wish him well for the period of his loan."

Robinho joined City on the final day of the transfer window of summer 2008 but, despite a bright start, his career stalled at Eastlands and the 26-year-old has come in for criticism from fans who have been left underwhelmed by his attitude.

Speculation in South America has suggested that, having agreed to the deal, City will demand the first option on Santos forward Neymar in the future.

City have also yet to give up hope of signing Middlesbrough winger Adam Johnson before Monday's transfer deadline, despite the Championship club snubbing an offer. "

I suppose my question is, will we see him in a city shirt again? And would you like to?

Re: Robinho deal agreed, he's gone.

bluemoonmatt said:
No Really? I hadn't heard

Its ten to 8! ive probably seen it on the site but it didnt register!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.