Robbie gone. (Merged)

Re: Robinho deal agreed, he's gone.

No i would not like to see him in a City shirt again.Lets bring in players that want to play for the club and give their best,that's how teams go on to be successful.

scowy68 said:
No i would not like to see him in a City shirt again.Lets bring in players that want to play for the club and give their best,that's how teams go on to be successful.

All the bovine faeces about World Cup year and needing to play is exactly that. Robinho was still in the Brazilian squad when he was putting in some of the most dreadful performances last season on the away trail.

He is the footballing equivalent of a butterfly. Flits from one leaf to the next, and will probably have the same longevity at any football club as a butterfly would.

u2fme2 said:
well what a waste of bloody money that was

A very expensive lesson has been learnt though,just don't buy Brazilian footballers,they very rarely hack it in the Premier league.

splash_robinhonovo.jpg

I wish our web team were as talented as Santos's. The quality of this design is just exquisite. Looks like they have had to put the site into the hands of some local kids with Microsoft paint 97 to cut back on money.

could be good for robbie, he's been pining for brazil. he might get his head streight, find some form and return from brazil fresh faced with everything out of his system

Neil McNab said:
Would the best player in the world move back to the humble beginings from whence he came at the age of 26, take a 70% pay cut and have none of even the 2nd tier clubs in Europe even offering a loan deal.
I was curious when we signed him because the image I had of him wasn't exactly how most City fans were describing him. I knew he had been a promising youngster but was in and out of the Real side and caused a lot of disruption. Still it was a class above who we had been signing and was carried away with the excitement. In hindsight Robinho is very similar to how Anelka was, a career on a downward slope largely down to attitude and personality rather than lack of ability. Had Robinho been French I'm sure he'd have cost around £15m and he'd have been a bit of a punt.
I do hope he has a great world cup and maybe we snag an interested party out of it!

In hindsight Robinho is very similar to how Anelka was, a career on a downward slope
=========================

Can't agree with this about Anelka... he may have suffered a 'slump'... but surely his career has picked up and he is at the top of it now?

Neil McNab said:
Would the best player in the world move back to the humble beginings from whence he came at the age of 26, take a 70% pay cut and have none of even the 2nd tier clubs in Europe even offering a loan deal.
I was curious when we signed him because the image I had of him wasn't exactly how most City fans were describing him. I knew he had been a promising youngster but was in and out of the Real side and caused a lot of disruption. Still it was a class above who we had been signing and was carried away with the excitement. In hindsight Robinho is very similar to how Anelka was, a career on a downward slope largely down to attitude and personality rather than lack of ability. Had Robinho been French I'm sure he'd have cost around £15m and he'd have been a bit of a punt.
I do hope he has a great world cup and maybe we snag an interested party out of it!

Difference is Anelka, although a nightmare to have around, has always produced wherever he has gone........... and the mature anelka were now seeing i would take in a heartbeat.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Neil McNab said:

Difference is Anelka, although a nightmare to have around, has always produced wherever he has gone........... and the mature anelka were now seeing i would take in a heartbeat.

Me too Zin... top player... And a team player now...

scowy68 said:
u2fme2 said:
well what a waste of bloody money that was

A very expensive lesson has been learnt though,just don't buy Brazilian footballers,they very rarely hack it in the Premier league.

Cannot disagree, other than maybe Juninho at Boro.

Lucas - shocking
Jo - Poor
Elano - brilliant 10% of the time gash the rest
Robinho - Probably suited to Brazil or Serie A

Perhaps it is just as well we didn't get kaka...................................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.