Robbie gone. (Merged)

Re: Robinho deal agreed, he's gone.

Gilberto Silva and Sylvinho (Arsenal era) were good Brazilians in England and there have been some decent ones like Edu. I think it depends on the mentality, if they have some mental grit and are willing to work hard they could succeed, but if they are young, flashy primadonnas they will often fail.

I do not understand how we benefit from this.

Robbie gets to play in his beloved Brasil and can stake a claim for a World cup place - check.
Santos get a very skilful striker that has played for them before and can win the Brazillian league, Cup etc - check.

City - er, um save 150k per week on wages - big deal.
- Get rid (temporarily) of a potential trouble-maker and negative influence?

I would have made him work for his place and warm the bench / play in the reserves.
He's an employee of the club, FFS.

Can't really see how we benefit, except at the "world cup" when Robbi will still be a city player, so if Brazil lift the world cup, then reflected glory and increased value for the club could be the benefit.

There's a good article on the BBC football page by South American correspondant Tim Vickery
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2010/01/robinho.html

What I dont get is that the Brazilian league doesnt start until May? Whats he going to do until then?
Also, Tim states how the better Brazilian players get away with murder as youngsters by their coaches as they are too good to piss off and this leads them away from a team ethic and to a sefish "everything is about me" ethic. Fits our boy Robbie to a tee.

Imo the entire thing behind it is that he might get his old self back at Santos.

i still believe it is the worst thing City could have done...just hope Bellers or Petrov don't get injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.