Robert Lewandowski

It’s mad to think that RL would have been a Blackburn player had it not been for the volcanic ash cloud grounding all flights in 2010.

I don't think we would change our style to service one specific player. The player I had in mind at United was Cavani to be honest. However, I think Ronaldo is a magnificent player who's managed by an absolute clown. If Ronaldo was at City, we'd win the quadruple this year. United's problem isn't to do with any player - it's the manager who's absolutely appalling. Ronaldo hasn't been the reason United have tanked this year at all.

We desperately need a striker who can finish. How many times have we seen Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus etc miss absolute sitters? Someone like Lewandowski would put them away, it's really as simple as that. The guys numbers speak for themselves.

Haaland won't be able to play every single game, we will need a back up. Alvarez might come in, but the lad will need time to settle. Someone like Lewandowski would be able to give Haaland a rest as well as break records.

Thanks for your very reasoned response GLS, much appreciated, ta.

I’m not saying that Pep couldn’t get a good tune out of Lewandowski . . In a part time roll for a couple of seasons as he’s rarely injured and still has a good engine.

And apologies for my overly dismissive response (I’ve read it back and it didn’t read too well) however, the response was flavoured by you using untied‘s ’old player’ success story (the one so heavily underlined by abject failure) as an example to support the case for paying massive wages to old players to somehow boost goal returns.
It looked to be an outrageously poor example to support your case as, in truth, it’s seen their overall team goal returns plummet to a record low with their focus on Roni getting his PL 100. Looking at Cavani specifically, I concede that he has a great work ethic but he’s mainly used it working hard with the physios so doesn’t serve as a good example of using an old player as back-up because he’s mostly not fit enough to lace his boots never mind to step in at short notice and play at a high level as and when required.

I don't think we would change our style to service one specific player. The player I had in mind at United was Cavani to be honest. However, I think Ronaldo is a magnificent player who's managed by an absolute clown. If Ronaldo was at City, we'd win the quadruple this year. United's problem isn't to do with any player - it's the manager who's absolutely appalling. Ronaldo hasn't been the reason United have tanked this year at all.

We desperately need a striker who can finish. How many times have we seen Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus etc miss absolute sitters? Someone like Lewandowski would put them away, it's really as simple as that. The guys numbers speak for themselves.

Haaland won't be able to play every single game, we will need a back up. Alvarez might come in, but the lad will need time to settle. Someone like Lewandowski would be able to give Haaland a rest as well as break records.
Ronaldo is the reason they've not been in a relegation dog fight :)

One man team.

I tell you what lads and ladies.

have a horrible feeling in my stomach

I can see it happening and all roads are starting to point in that direction

Lewandowski to Liverpool, you heard it here first

I tell you what lads and ladies.

have a horrible feeling in my stomach

I can see it happening and all roads are starting to point in that direction

Lewandowski to Liverpool, you heard it here first
Possible but he has his mind on Spain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.