Roberto Mancini

I remember the start of the 2012 season when he broke up the Kompany/Lescott partnership to play Nastasic and we shipped 18 goals in 10 games without keeping a single clean sheet.

The revisionism shown on here at times is frightening, as is the re writing of history.

We also finished that month (Oct) sat in 3rd spot and by the end of the year, we were 2nd, 7 pts off top.

It wasn't the nirvana some would like to make out.

To a very small bunch of posters on here he wasn't the nirvana some would like to make out.
But to 99.99% of all match going Blues he most certainly was.

th
Bobby Manc, for me his farts would smell of roses, only downside was the Wigan Cup Final when he chickened out of playing Pants and put Joe in. Thanks Bob.

Fully agree, blueheart.

In the first few months of the first title-winning season, teams just didn't know how to cope with the expansive, attacking football we were playing.

The 5-1 at White Hart Lane and the Sick Swan spring to mind.

Halcyon days

God bless you Bobby Manc

I remember the start of the 2012 season when he broke up the Kompany/Lescott partnership to play Nastasic and we shipped 18 goals in 10 games without keeping a single clean sheet.

The revisionism shown on here at times is frightening, as is the re writing of history.

We also finished that month (Oct) sat in 3rd spot and by the end of the year, we were 2nd, 7 pts off top.

It wasn't the nirvana some would like to make out.

Rewriting of history you say.

The exact reason we started to play Nastasic was because Lescottt played in five of the 10 matches when we conceded the 18. Hence Nastasic started to play on a regular basis later in the season.

So what your actually criticising him for you probably agree with his decision.

Mancini will always be regarded as a LEGEND in my eyes. Forget what went on behind closed doors. He dragged us kicking and screaming to SUCCESS. He got right under the GPC skin and IMO ended his tenure at the rags. HE put us on the map and is partly responsible for where we are today. How anybody at the club could think otherwise is beyond me, but each to their own I suppose. I would personally have loved to have seen Roberto backed financially as much as Pellers has. It's a firm belief I hold that if he had we would now be UNSTOPPABLE. He knew how defend, how to rotate and how to set up against the big teams. Yes he might have "failed" in the champions league , but I'll never forget the memories that he etched in Manchester City FC folklore.

FORZA MANCINI!!!!!!

Mancini will always be regarded as a LEGEND in my eyes. Forget what went on behind closed doors. He dragged us kicking and screaming to SUCCESS. He got right under the GPC skin and IMO ended his tenure at the rags. HE put us on the map and is partly responsible for where we are today. How anybody at the club could think otherwise is beyond me, but each to their own I suppose. I would personally have loved to have seen Roberto backed financially as much as Pellers has. It's a firm belief I hold that if he had we would now be UNSTOPPABLE. He knew how defend, how to rotate and how to set up against the big teams. Yes he might have "failed" in the champions league , but I'll never forget the memories that he etched in Manchester City FC folklore.

FORZA MANCINI!!!!!!

I think what you write is the sentiment of 99% of match going blues.
Anything else therefore is irrelevant.

Legend?????? He almost lost the title for us and made us one goal shy of an embarrassment that would've also gone down forever in the books

Inter dropped out of first today losing to Sassuolo of all squads, at home, and so that proves he is not top notch enough to keep on managing us

Legend?????? He almost lost the title for us and made us one goal shy of an embarrassment that would've also gone down forever in the books

Inter dropped out of first today losing to Sassuolo of all squads, at home, and so that proves he is not top notch enough to keep on managing us

Well almost doesn't count

Also, you cannot take one result as evidence and state it 'proves' anything one way or the other

Have a feeling Maureen will offer his services to the Inter board come summer, after he finds out no other top club wants him, and I think they will bite. Love and adore Bobby and if it wasnt for Pep I would have Mancini back in a heartbeat

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.