robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danamy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:
I think there too similar in the way they play, yeah it worked at the back end of last season but fuck me after the break Tevez had it wasn't hard to freshen things up was it?

I'm looking at the bigger picture and the link up play between Silva, Nasri, RVP and Aguero would be frightening, our play would be a lot slicker and quicker.

All the above is only my humble opinion of course..........

what about waiting 1 season, buying a couple of wingers to give Dzeko what he needs and rotate the formation then wait a year for the buzz around Falcao and Cavani to quieten and get them cheaper?

That seems more sensible than a lot of money on Van Persie.

Get them cheaper?..........if anything they'd cost more when they peak, like RVP is peaking now

Cavani had the fuss because Napoli did well in the CL, Falcao because of Atletico's Europa League win.

Aguero is top quality but when Atleti were quiet we got him for his buyout of £38m, I think we could get either Cavani or Falcao for that, if not now then next year.

Marvin said:
pudge said:
Marvin said:
But our forwards work together and won us the title. So why change it for a player who would force Tevez out, and maybe unsettle Aguero who could potentially be the next Messi or Ronaldo.
Why would forcing someone who missed the majority of the season out unsettle our top goal scorer?
Because Aguero and Tevez are close

Tevez and Aguero are far from close. It's Zaba and Aguero that are close mates

BibbyBlue85 said:
Marvin said:
pudge said:
Why would forcing someone who missed the majority of the season out unsettle our top goal scorer?

Aguero has said that he wants to play with Tevez, and their games complement each other

JoeMercer'sWay said:
allan harper said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
not if you buy 2 top ones at the same time, they all came at different times, so had different bedding in times and the others had already had playing time.

Yes they all came at different times, who was the last player to arrive ?

So we already had 3 top strikers yet Aguero still agreed to join us.

Unless we did a Chelsea and promised Aguero he'll start !!!!!!

yeah, but that gave Aguero time to bed in, Dzeko had had 6 unsuccessful months and Balo is Balo, Tevez then fucked off which changed the whole complexion and ultimately it just about worked in the end.

You don't sign 2 top quality strikers in 1 summer unless you don't have any to start with, we have 4, and 1 of the newbies would have to sit on the bench to start with, not going to happen.

But ! If Edin is off to Munich.......

Tbh I don't believe Tevez is happy regardless of what he says.

But more importantly Tevez made Mancini look a **** and I for one think if Milan came in with an offer we'd except and Tevez and his advisor would get that next big pay day, IMO.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
what about waiting 1 season, buying a couple of wingers to give Dzeko what he needs and rotate the formation then wait a year for the buzz around Falcao and Cavani to quieten and get them cheaper?

That seems more sensible than a lot of money on Van Persie.

Get them cheaper?..........if anything they'd cost more when they peak, like RVP is peaking now

Cavani had the fuss because Napoli did well in the CL, Falcao because of Atletico's Europa League win.

Aguero is top quality but when Atleti were quiet we got him for his buyout of £38m, I think we could get either Cavani or Falcao for that, if not now then next year.

Cavani's buyout clause is £40m, that's why RVP is more realistic at the moment

Marvin said:
pudge said:
Marvin said:
But our forwards work together and won us the title. So why change it for a player who would force Tevez out, and maybe unsettle Aguero who could potentially be the next Messi or Ronaldo.
Geographically or what?

Because from what the Argentines on this forum say they are anything but 'close' personally.

What do you expect Sergio to say? "I hate Tevez and I'm not playing if he is!" because that's more a Carlos thing to say.

Danamy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:

Cavani is younger and we paid £38m for Aguero, so what's £15m when we could give Cavani an extra year on his contract(lowers amortisation or whatever it is) and we're getting more income than we did last year?

All it screams to me is either we're being tight which would be a stupid transfer strategy or we have a number of other expensive deals lined up.

Marvin said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Marvin said:

Aguero has said that he wants to play with Tevez, and their games complement each other

Right please put down the glue you're sniffing because its playing havoc with your brain. Aguero stated that he thinks they compliment each other but where on earth did you get that they were close from that quote?

Danamy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:

do you reckon today's premier league deal might change our thoughts on this though?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Cavani is younger and we paid £38m for Aguero, so what's £15m when we could give Cavani an extra year on his contract(lowers amortisation or whatever it is) and we're getting more income than we did last year?

All it screams to me is either we're being tight which would be a stupid transfer strategy or we have a number of other expensive deals lined up.

Or we're looking at bringing in a Prem proven player who won the Golden Boot last year in an ordinary Arsenal side and then put him in a talented side full of Champions..........WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.