robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NipHolmes said:
Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
Any RVP doubters need to watch Liverpool v Arsenal. Liverpool dominate Arsenal and RVP saves the day with world class finishing.

Now think about Everton, Sunderland, Chelsea (he hammered them too under AVB) and Swansea. He would of probably scored in each of those games with the service he would get. A half chance volley or 25 yard shot or a net through ball by Nasri or Silva.

He makes sense. My personal preference is Cavani due to age and injury history, hut that aside RVP is the best finisher in the prem and he could be ours. Wow!!!
He has scored 96 League goals in 8 seasons at Arsenal. That's 12 a season. Even if he's now a 20 goals a season man, I'd still prefer Aguero and Tevez. I hope he goes to Juventus thereby weakening Arsenal and leaving out team intact.

My personal preference is Cavani too. But fact is he was on fire last season and scores when fielded more often than not. Service for us will be better than it is at Arsenal and his goals will compliment whatever we have whereas he was a lone soldier at Arsenal.

Arsenals treatment room is notoriously dodgy too. They seem to take ages to fix players and don't seem competent. Most Arsenal players have trouble with injuries it seems, plus he will be rotated here. I just think he's a fantastic acquisition but Cavani/Falcoa would be better. Any of them would be better than Dzeko or Balotelli. Whilst Marios a talent he's an idiot too. Dzeko too hit and miss (even though I love the guy). RVP would take us to an even higher level. I just guess fans love our club and are stuck with the caring mentality, its not natural for us to spend money (pre08) and we want our club to get a good deal. It's a great attitude but fact is we have amazing owner and a manager that knows a player, if he goes for RVP its for good reasoning.

Cavani for me, every day of the week, a phenom that lad.

Tolm said that Bobby really wants Cavani. It seemed from his most recent videos that there was a battle in London over a particular player and that player might well be Cavani.

r.soleofsalford said:
Forzacitizens said:
None of the dutch players had a good tournament.

for 25-30 million I would love him at city

i thought de jong played well tbh
Just how he played all season for me average at best. Still would love him to stay for years but needs to up his game

I don't understand why there are so many people not wanting van persie, the only negative for my would be his age but think he would bring quality to the team, and the thought of him and aguero together is amazing!

Ireland_for_pm said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Forzacitizens said:
None of the dutch players had a good tournament.

for 25-30 million I would love him at city

i thought de jong played well tbh
Just how he played all season for me average at best. Still would love him to stay for years but needs to up his game

without going through all the games i have recorded de jong had a major role in aguero`s winner v qpr and the 2 goals against newcastle to name but 2 important games

iamdamienl said:
carlos92 said:
Should of sorted his future before the tournament.

He'd probably get the Biggest Flop Award... I was set on him however I feel now I wouldn't be as confident in his ability

He was disappointing but if Bobby wants to sign him then I will still back his judgement.

RVP had a very poor tournament and must take some responsibility for his team's failure to qualify. Might put some doubts in bidder's minds

Marvin said:
RVP had a very poor tournament and must take some responsibility for his team's failure to qualify. Might put some doubts in bidder's minds

Certainly no one will go close to 30mil with only one year on his contract.

I keep my view, it has not changed for a long time. He is a player with skill, but he needs a team built around him, then opportunities arise for him.

Not good enough or right for our team, imo, and we should look elsewhere. He'd probably get injured pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.