robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Jong was great in the Euros their defence couldve appered much worse had it not been fo Nige the enforcer, Van Persie was not nearly the Prem force weve come to expect but Players should never be judged for international careers, Many a player are beasts on the international stage but underwhelm during club play & vice versa. Id still want RVP here.

Dip in form, lost his goalscoring boots for awhile back, some time even before the EURO.

r.soleofsalford said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
r.soleofsalford said:
i thought de jong played well tbh
Just how he played all season for me average at best. Still would love him to stay for years but needs to up his game

without going through all the games i have recorded de jong had a major role in aguero`s winner v qpr and the 2 goals against newcastle to name but 2 important games

Of course De Jong had a major role against Newcastle & QPR, as you would expect a Dutch international to complete ten yard passes, still average at best for a defensive midfielder, and to think he's demanding better improved contract is absolutely laughable, he can follow Hughes for a better deal;)

CityCTID said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Just how he played all season for me average at best. Still would love him to stay for years but needs to up his game

without going through all the games i have recorded de jong had a major role in aguero`s winner v qpr and the 2 goals against newcastle to name but 2 important games

Of course De Jong had a major role against Newcastle & QPR, as you would expect a Dutch international to complete ten yard passes, still average at best for a defensive midfielder, and to think he's demanding better improved contract is absolutely laughable, he can follow Hughes for a better deal;)

i thought de jong played excellent for us when he played and was excellent for holland imo, as for this demanding which paper did you read that in. de jong has been brilliant at the job he`s done for this club and although he gets well paid to do it, i respect him as a player who to my knowledge has never given this club anything but loyalty and good service. unlike a certain scarfaced tosser.

r.soleofsalford said:
CityCTID said:
r.soleofsalford said:

i thought de jong played excellent for us when he played and was excellent for holland imo, as for this demanding which paper did you read that in. de jong has been brilliant at the job he`s done for this club and although he gets well paid to do it, i respect him as a player who to my knowledge has never given this club anything but loyalty and good service. unlike a certain scarfaced tosser.

he is one of the best in europe at what he does granted there is not a lot to his game but he aint there to dribble pass 3 players and score from 40 yards!

would rather have him in the squad than not as shown he becomes an important player in certain games.

nobody is going to pay daft money for him (if they do then good luck to them) let him stew for 6 month, its not like we are desperate in that department

To be honest thought he was the best dutch player last night. Not saying much I know but he kept it ticking over with simple FORWARD passes in the main which is his job. He covered well for out of position defenders too.

And while I am not Ronaldo's biggest fan he certainly put Van Persie in the shade.

I can't see us going for RVP playing the style of football last year..Most of our play is through the middle more suited to 1 up front and one in the hole. Are we gonna be dropping Aguero into the hole??..RVP wouldn't be as good as he's been for Arsenal who have decent wingers!!!

At 30 mill and a hefty wage bill he's too risky to be interested in with his injury record. City should do the sensible thing and look elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.