robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans who don't want him take a fuckin reality check. If Mancini and the board feel he's worth that fee and wages why care it's not your money to waste. It's not as if we're signing Jordan Henderson here, we're buying a proven goalscorer who was the best player in the league last year and scored some incredible goals.

Apparently my mail is a result of a tweet by Ian McGarry.

Make of that what you will.

I'll hang fire until the official web site announcement.

Seems he's started using the city's player catchphrase already:

Official Van Persie Twitter:

Deeecent golf day ☀ pic.twitter.com/AvqRVJLs

Proven in the Prem and scores for fun.

We will need that quality to challenge again as it gets harder from here.

whalley ranger said:
southern muppet said:
LoveCity said:
Has Marwood's finger prints all over it again, 225k a week is disgusting. The City ruining football stuff is nonsense but we're inflating wages by paying over the top for players still if we agree to pay van Persie 225k a week until he's 34. If we pay RvP that then Aguero deserves parity and may demand it. And Yaya. And Silva.

This is the problem. I couldn't give a shit about inflating the market for others but this is what's concerning. That and 'keeping up appearances' as far as towing the line with FFP is concerned.
We don't know any of this yet do we? I feel the trend will be to implement lower wages with big, end of contract bonuses.
I have as many doubts about this as some others, but cracking player.

Oh yeah, I've no doubt the media probably include all possible bonuses from winning the Champions League to improving traffic congestion in Weston-super-mare, but I'm just saying hypothetically those are the problems we'll face if we do pay out big (whatever that may be) to get our man. It's the knock-on effect.

Forzacitizens said:
there's also a Arsenal shareholder claiming there will be some RVP news soon

is this what you mean?

Get ready for some RVP headlines in next 24 hours.
Collapse
Reply Retweet Favorite

seems like he know his shit from looking at his page

I'm also in two minds about RVP.

He's a great player, of that there is no doubt but the wages scare me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.