robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone reading some of the comments sent by Gooners to RVP's official Twitter?

if he has read any of them I'd doubt him ever playing for them again, he's deffo off... Maybe not City,but he's off... Spoilt southern shits don't deserve him.

think we can all relax on this one. For a long time I have thought this is a no.

RVP does not fit the profile of a youngish, improving player in the mold of Kun, Edin etc

Our owners are not daft. They know one swallow does not a summer make. They will have spotted his dodgy injury record.

In addition VP will want parity with Kun, Tevez etc. Can we afford that? Maybe. Is it sensible given he's injury prone and has had one good season? Definitely not.

Throw in the fact we already have 4 pretty serviceable strikers. Arsenal won't want to sell to us again either.

The only thing going for this move is that the player is almost certainly available unlike Falcao ( 1 season at AM) and Cavani(who has stated loyalty to Naapoli).

Our major outlay should be on midfielders and as our chairman and manager are bright people that is where the money will go.

tonycunninghamsbonce said:
Let him rot at the arse, have deep misgivings about the dark prince. Let united smash him to pieces again this season, the guy is a born loser with a penchant for nancy boys.

Where's de niro's Ban Hammer when you need it?!?

robbieh said:
think we can all relax on this one. For a long time I have thought this is a no.

RVP does not fit the profile of a youngish, improving player in the mold of Kun, Edin etc

Our owners are not daft. They know one swallow does not a summer make. They will have spotted his dodgy injury record.

In addition VP will want parity with Kun, Tevez etc. Can we afford that? Maybe. Is it sensible given he's injury prone and has had one good season? Definitely not.

Throw in the fact we already have 4 pretty serviceable strikers. Arsenal won't want to sell to us again either.

I don't think you realise where we are in our new evolusion. Every cup / league win is another notch in our owners route to us being rnouwn as the best there is. if they think splashing the cash on RVP will bring us more short term success then they will go for it ( so i believe). They look at the way they spend money a bit differently from you and I.

The only thing going for this move is that the player is almost certainly available unlike Falcao ( 1 season at AM) and Cavani(who has stated loyalty to Naapoli).

Our major outlay should be on midfielders and as our chairman and manager are bright people that is where the money will go.

11 seasons and hes ony gone over the 20 goals mark once. good player but i think for the price and wages we could get a lot better.

dannyboy29 said:
11 seasons and hes ony gone over the 20 goals mark once. good player but i think for the price and wages we could get a lot better.

And only more than 11 on two occasions. Or so I read on here somewhere. Not exactly prolific.

Matt the Giant said:
dannyboy29 said:

And only more than 11 on two occasions. Or so I read on here somewhere. Not exactly prolific.

He's scored 132 goals in 279 games for Arsenal, and 69 goals in his last 101 games so he has become more prolific.

Neville Kneville said:
If you take last season out of the equation, when RVP was exceptional, Dzeko has been better than Van Persie. Dzeko is miles better for Bosnia than the Van Persie we just saw playing for Holland.

Which Van Persie would City be getting ? The one who has had a couple of decent seasons for Arsenal or the one who has been average for Arsenal & was shit for Holland ? Dzeko is a much better player than that version of Van Persie & so are our other strikers.

Dzeko is mediocre as fuck, not fit to wash Van Persie's boxers.

Loads of players have struggled to replicate club form at international level, Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, RVP....it happens.

Dzeko.......LOL. Big average donkey.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:01 pm --<br /><br />Looks like he is eager to talk and stay next season anyway.

Great news for us if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.