robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Adcock said:
Monkfish said:
adrianr said:
Bang on. Who of our current 4 makes way?

You will find very few neutrals who think Tevez, Dzeko and Ballotelli are as good as RVP. There is not a team in the world that RVP would not be first choice for, either club or international as far as I can see.

A front two of Aguero and RVP has every chance of being the greatest pairing in Premiership history, and a very good chance of destroying Champions league teams. It may not work out, but if it does we wont be waiting till the last kick of the season before we are champions.

RVP is a candidate for worlds best striker, he isnt the worlds best but you could at least present a good argument. Could you seriously argue the same for Dzeko?

Very true. I like Dzeko........but i loved Varadi, Goater and rosler...........But i know none of them are close to being as good a player as RVP.

If you take last season out of the equation, when RVP was exceptional, Dzeko has been better than Van Persie. Dzeko is miles better for Bosnia than the Van Persie we just saw playing for Holland.

Which Van Persie would City be getting ? The one who has had a couple of decent seasons for Arsenal or the one who has been average for Arsenal & was shit for Holland ? Dzeko is a much better player than that version of Van Persie & so are our other strikers.

When he signs we will all be happy. Trust Bobby...

Van persie is world class,proven in the prem and Europe. Tevez will want out again in a few months.....

Monkfish said:
adrianr said:
Bang on. Who of our current 4 makes way?

You will find very few neutrals who think Tevez, Dzeko and Ballotelli are as good as RVP. There is not a team in the world that RVP would not be first choice for, either club or international as far as I can see.

A front two of Aguero and RVP has every chance of being the greatest pairing in Premiership history, and a very good chance of destroying Champions league teams. It may not work out, but if it does we wont be waiting till the last kick of the season before we are champions.

RVP is a candidate for worlds best striker, he isnt the worlds best but you could at least present a good argument. Could you seriously argue the same for Dzeko?

Don't disagree with you mate, but that doesn't mean I feel it's worth shipping any of them out and replacing them with a 29 year old reasonably injury prone forward instead. FWIW I think Aguero and RVP would form the perfect partnership, if RVP was 3 years younger and they could really grow into the role.

This could be a masterstroke don't get me wrong. I argue the same for De Rossi that despite his age, maybe 3 seasons of sacking off the idea of resale value and just going full bore to bring in as many trophies as possible (rather than going for someone like Martinez who still needs to develop but could recoup money when he ends up at Barca or RM), is a great plan to attract the best youngsters etc. What we don't need from this is RVP at 32/33 with a couple of years left on his 200k PW contract coming on as a recovering substitute bagging consolation goals at the end of 3-0 drubbings. Good idea on a 3 year contract, bad idea on a 5 year one.

I think Mario staying largely explains itself. The relationship with Mancini, the potential, the entertainment. I point blank refuse to give up on him, even if I'm wrong :P And Dzeko for a few reasons - He's not that old, we have many more ways to play to his strengths, still an incredibly productive player despite not getting a huge amount of game time, but again for right or wrong, he just seems like the right sort of bloke for the project and for City. Tevez as I said earlier would be the first on my list of deportees, but I was just hoping if we got his wages off the books it would be to fund someone like DDR/Thiago Silva/Martinez/Sahin/A deep playmaker we're more clearly short on than striking talent.

Neville Kneville said:
Tony Adcock said:
Monkfish said:

Very true. I like Dzeko........but i loved Varadi, Goater and rosler...........But i know none of them are close to being as good a player as RVP.

If you take last season out of the equation, when RVP was exceptional, Dzeko has been better than Van Persie. Dzeko is miles better for Bosnia than the Van Persie we just saw playing for Holland.

Which Van Persie would City be getting ? The one who has had a couple of decent seasons for Arsenal or the one who has been average for Arsenal & was shit for Holland ? Dzeko is a much better player than that version of Van Persie & so are our other strikers.

That is exactly the question in everyone's minds. I think these neutrals' memories are fickle. If you take last season out of the equation, Tevez also scored 30 odd goals. That season he was also considered 'third best striker in the world', a position RVP now allegedly holds. Yet now he is practically a nobody, admittedly of his own doing, and many of the fans wants to get rid.

I wonder if RVP will continue his form when he moves into a team where he will not be the center of attention..

Don't think RvP is better player than Tevez but he is different. The big problem with Tevez is Kia as far as I am concerned and there is no sign of him ever letting Tevez stay in one place for too long.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:58 am --<br /><br />
whyalwaysLee said:
I don't think there's enough space in the dressing room for another big ego.

Maybe; maybe not. Don't believe you can build a great team with a bunch androids.

can only judge by those who see him week in week out and not one arsenal fan i've heard wants him to leave - in fact its the opposite, they will be devastated

whereas with adebayor they weren't overly bothered and were right

Let him rot at the arse, have deep misgivings about the dark prince. Let united smash him to pieces again this season, the guy is a born loser with a penchant for nancy boys.

Blue Haze said:
richards30 said:
what the fuck is up with some of you???? turning your noses up at a class player like van persie?? can nobody trust a manager who has delivered us the premier league and fa cup in successive seasons? whatever players any of us fans want are irrelevant as its what bobby and the board want but will this stop any of you going to games or winding up the rags when we keep winning things?? come on people if bobby wants rvp then lets back him eh??

For me, it's the salary combined with the injuries. 225k/week for someone who routinely spends a good portion of the season injured. He could get crocked and we have an RSC situation with one of the highest contracts in the world.

If he doesn't get injured, it's a fair deal. Just seems like a huge financial risk with his health and age.

maybe this supposed salary consists of bonuses, like when he scores goals, or we win a trophy. His actual base salary would probably be low. Tolm also mentioned that its likely to be 125k a week. The thing is, we'll never know for sure..
If he scores another 30 goals for us, i wouldn't give a shit if we paid him 225k a week..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.