robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: robin van persie

Andouble said:
So all 4 strikers are happy and want to stay.

Seems a waste to buy another, one that is older than all 4 at that, too.
He's currently better than 2 of them though. Can't really fault his contribution last year but Dzeko's just not good enough for our team in my opinion.

Just because they are happy to stay at the club it doesn't necessarily reflect the decision making of the manager if he believes he can improve the squad by replacing one of them. 34 goals for a side of inferior quality is a remarkable achievement and he should be considered as an invaluable addition to our team if we acquire his services.

It would provide clarity on the future of John Guidetti though in terms of another loan move given our inability to provide him with the first team football that he enjoyed last season. I'd like to see him in a more challenging league against an improved calibre of opposition. I am sure that Vieira is content enough to monitor his progress where he plays.

If we are to sell him then we should include two clauses within his contract. Number one is a 30% sell on clause and the other is a first buy back option which replicates the one that United had with Guiseppi Rossi.

robin van persie

BringBackSwales said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
BringBackSwales said:
thanks for stating the obvious
How was it obvious? On Sunday Martinez looked most likely.

rvp has been linked to us by every daily and sunday national newspaper in the last few weeks, as well as numerous other media outlets

Chill Mr Fish we've been linked with every player over the last 4 years.

This won't please a lot of us but I think he will be leaving Arsenal to sign for City. If he really wanted to stay he could of signed the contract they were offering straight away and declare he wants to finish his career at the Gunners. I think he had a couple of meetings with our reps, one in January when he was on Holiday wth his family in UAE (where he met is Idol Maradonna) and one near the end of the season where he happend to bump into Patrick Viera.

Aww man... I think if we had Van Persie there would be no stopping us... Van Persie & Aguero up front could be a beautiful thing, I don't see him leaving Arsenal for another team in the Premier League.

Can you imagine the reaction from arsenal fans if we got him. It would be pandamonium. they'd be queuing up to hurl themselves off the tower of london. They would detest us even more than they already do now

Unlikely we'll get him though

C_T_I_D said:
Just because they are happy to stay at the club it doesn't necessarily reflect the decision making of the manager if he believes he can improve the squad by replacing one of them. 34 goals for a side of inferior quality is a remarkable achievement and he should be considered as an invaluable addition to our team if we acquire his services.

It would provide clarity on the future of John Guidetti though in terms of another loan move given our inability to provide him with the first team football that he enjoyed last season. I'd like to see him in a more challenging league against an improved calibre of opposition. I am sure that Vieira is content enough to monitor his progress where he plays.

If we are to sell him then we should include two clauses within his contract. Number one is a 30% sell on clause and the other is a first buy back option which replicates the one that United had with Guiseppi Rossi.

I may be going against popular opinion here, but I would sell Guidetti - either with a sell-on clause or for 15-20mil..its what he wants anyway since he's looking to be the main striker for a club..this will probably be the current trend in the future..youth players of very good quality, but just not good enough to break into the first team, being sold for a handsome profit..

I still do not see how we could fit in RVP if none of our main strikers leave..Dzeko to Bayern looks more likely than Tevez leaving now..

'Robin sat down with us at the end of the season and we had a good discussion,' Gazidis told Arsenal's website. 'What we agreed at that meeting was that we would keep all the discussions we had over the summer to ourselves and make announcements when it is the right time.

'We have to respect the fact we have agreed to keep that among ourselves. Robin is clearly focused on the Euros at the moment and we wish him well, and at the right time we will make the right announcements.'

Gone as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.