robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oakiecokie said:
johnmc said:
oakiecokie said:
He still needs to verify where he heard it from ! I aint heard anything about this APPARENT malarky.

I'll tell you - Twitter

Cheers mate,enough said.

This makes me laugh, why is twitter any less reliable than Bluemoon or the media? A lot of the press 'tweet' and TH is on twitter too so....

SiWatts90 said:
The problem with twitter is people retweet or repost very quickly which tends to make people believe it is real with it spreading a lot quicker than if it had been posted on here for example.

You do realise how much from here gets tweeted dont you? Daily someone tweets "X player signing" so you ask where its from to be told "bluemoon". How many times does someone see Goal post a report and within seconds its all over here, with the same thread by a different posted popping up seconds after that. It's the same on Facebook, any forum or social network site is the same. You either accept it or ignore in my eyes and take everything with a pinch of salt :0)

I think he may mean this source as he is Turkish as well as op on this info.

<a class="postlink" href="http://goonersaur.com/2012/07/van-persie-encourages-youth-talent-to-leave-arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonersaur.com/2012/07/van-persi ... e-arsenal/</a>

not my fault! said:
oakiecokie said:
johnmc said:
I'll tell you - Twitter

Cheers mate,enough said.

This makes me laugh, why is twitter any less reliable than Bluemoon or the media? A lot of the press 'tweet' and TH is on twitter too so....

Completely agree. I don't see why people are so against it. I use it on a day to day basis and it's a great source of up-to-date, reliable news. Plus, Mark Lawrenson hates it which makes me like it even more!

TCIB said:
I think he may mean this source as he is Turkish as well as op on this info.

<a class="postlink" href="http://goonersaur.com/2012/07/van-persie-encourages-youth-talent-to-leave-arsenal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonersaur.com/2012/07/van-persi ... e-arsenal/</a>

Rob says:

July 10, 2012 at 10:04 pm

This is exactly why I don’t rate your blog, as you never get your facts straight and mislead your readers with inaccurate ‘headlines’… RVP advised this particular player to leave because he would not get a regular game for Arsenal, due to the fact that he was a long way down the pecking order… Your artcle suggested that RVP goes around the Emirates stadium telling ALL the youngsters to leave… This is poor writing on your part, and typical of the many other ‘bloggers’ that post their misinformed and wildly speculative ideas on these Arsenal news sites..

mark says:

July 10, 2012 at 11:35 pm

as everyone else has pointed out in the comments, this blog is rubbish and if and in what context RVP told him to leave is probably, no definitely, meaningless.
And i am certain that he never tells young arsenal players to leave out of spite towards the club.
RVP lead with class the entire season, and no Arsenal supporters are buying this opportunistic journalism – if you can call it journalism.

Shits happening everywhere,allegedly !

flb said:
levets said:
sbm said:
Let us look at the FACTS. I will take the following:

(a) minutes per goal
(b) minutes per assist
(c) minutes per assist or goal

First, consider last season, certainly RVP's best-ever season.

2011-12

Edin (a) 108 (b) 302 (c) 79
RVP (a) 111 (b) 237 (d) 75

Quite close, actually. Indeed, if penalties were excluded, the minutes per assist or goal would be 79 for both! The latter is really quite astonishing given:
(i) Arsenal's strategy focused around RVP, whereas City's strategy (by common consent) did not play to Edin's strengths; and
(ii) whereas RVP was on the field for the full 90 minutes in 34 of his 38 premier league appearances, Edin was 'chopped and changed', i.e. he was on the field for the full 90 minutes in only 10 of his 30 premier league appearances and, for 10 of his appearances, he was on the field for a TOTAL of 82 minutes.

Let's consider their CAREER statistics.

Edin (a) 151 (b) 363 (c) 106
RVP (a) 241 (b) 490 (c) 161

Clearly Edin DOMINATES RVP. (If penalties were excluded, the minutes per goal or assist would favour Edin even more).

I don't know what the claim that RVP has been "a shit hot player for years now" really means. Incidentally these career statistics question the frequent claim that RVP's poor goal scoring record up to and including 2009-10 were due to injuries (to state the obvious, the above relate to time on the pitch). It is also claimed that RVP's poor scoring record was due to his starting out as a winger; but then presumably his assists should be higher for that.

quite enlightening and backs up what many believe.

-- Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:23 pm --

Monkfish said:
There are actually people who genuinely think Edin is a better player than RVP? Your not just being obtuse are you?

Had high hopes for Dzeko but that first touch just doesnt seem to be there, hard to play a posession game with a forward with the worst first touch in the Premier League (and I cant think of one with worse)

And there is still not a single football team in the world (thats the world by the way) that would not hasve RVP in their first choice team. How many of the top 10 teams would have Dzeko? Any?

He's not saying that at all. He's saying Edin isn't as shite as people like you think. ;-) Edin has taken time to settle and has had some really 'iffy' games... but his stats stand up to scrutiny, of that there is no doubt.

Its what RVP's figures will look like playing for Manchester City that matters though-he will be devastating playing for us.

How many times has Edin fluffed his lines in the last third of the pitch? Technically RVP wins hands down in all aspects of his game,his assists are frightening.

I'm not disagreeing. I believe that RVP would make the difference in our quest for CL Glory. My point is that Edin's stats stand up to whatever scrutiny you wish to subject them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.