robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C_T_I_D said:
Not bothered whether we sign him or not to be honest.

I think he will sign for us but I'm sceptical as to whether he will give his all for us given his love for Arsenal and him being a legend there.

They are paid to do a job, he is not an Arsenal fan, why would he not give his all they are professional sportsmen and he will want to prove he is the best.

FantasyIreland said:
carlos92 said:
He has made sure there will be animosity between him and the fans with his statement a couple of weeks back.

And what statement would that be?

This:Dhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...sies-official-statement-to-Arsenal-fans.html#

Robin van Persie's official statement to Arsenal fans

Robin van Persie has announced his intention not to sign a new contract at Arsenal. His current deal expires next summer. Here, in his own words, is how he broke the news to supporters of the club on his personal website.

Moving on: Robin van Persie feels Arsenal are not moving in the direction he wants and will not renew his contract Photo: GETTY IMAGES

8:45AM BST 05 Jul 2012

9 Comments

"This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

"As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.

"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

"I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

Related Articles

Van Persie decides to leave Arsenal
04 Jul 2012

Arsenal just a feeder club?
05 Jul 2012

Giroud exit forces Montpellier U-turn
02 Jul 2012

Arsenal's Giroud snubbed Chelsea
27 Jun 2012

Arsenal complete Giroud deal
27 Jun 2012

"I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch.

"I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."

Robin van Persie

He has been at Arsenal for several seasons and taken them into his heart.

I know that he will want to prove he is the best, but he will not be used to rotation and that may not be to his liking. He isn't coming to sit on the bench and with us having Aguero, Balotelli and one of Carlos / Dzeko it will be difficult to them all in for some consistent playing time.

ITK's are very sure that he'll sign for someone either this/next summer , they are even claiming that if he stays at arsenal this season and not signs a contract he is 200% to leave next summer , thats confirmed according to them :)

Both Dzeko and Tevez will stay at City," Mancini told Sky Italia. "We are a great team and we try to keep all our great players. It won't be easy but they will stay here.

Fantastic news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.