robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bothered whether we sign him or not to be honest.

I think he will sign for us but I'm sceptical as to whether he will give his all for us given his love for Arsenal and him being a legend there.

KenTheLandlord said:
The Future's Blue said:
Rammyblues said:
I thought he was having another meeting next week with one of the owners!!!!!
......Who......?

rvp...keep up mate.... ;)
Bloody hell, where's that come from, RvP off to meet the owners would be all over the news?

We've not even sold one of Carlos, Mario, Edin or Sergio yet!

How do you know that we've not agreed to sell one of our current strikers but are awaiting a new arrival before the exit takes place?

C_T_I_D said:

I think he will sign for us but I'm sceptical as to whether he will give his all for us given his love for Arsenal and him being a legend there.

If he signs for us it will only be matter of time before he comes to feel differently about Arsenal (or at least the fans), they will see to that!

C_T_I_D said:

I'm in the same boat to be honest. Quality player no doubt, but I was just waiting for him to get crocked last season like he always does. It didn't happen, so last season was unusual. But I reckon he'll spend half his time at City out injured.

He has made sure there will be animosity between him and the fans with his statement a couple of weeks back.

I actually disagree there Southern Muppet. Nasri received a lot of abuse and made comments which caused Arsenal supporters to rise to it and establish their hatred for him.

Because of Van Persie's contributions to Arsenal I don't think they will dish out the same animosity as they did with Nasri. Robin chose his words very carefully when he stated that he wasn't going to renew his contract in order to avoid conflict so I don't foresee a problem between the Arsenal supporters and Van Persie.

They cannot begrudge him a move to a club where he is more confident of gaining medals and lifting trophies before he retires. This will potentially be his last large move before he does so and to stick with a club that has already not achieved anything in seven years is to show a lack of ambition and living in your comfort zone.

He could do a U-turn and retire an Arsenal legend. That would be the easiest option, but for him to move on so he can win things tells you about his personality and mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.