robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOOMER said:
Cityinmyheart said:
I dont know why Mancini wants him....we already have 4 top class striker and one very promising one in Guidetti,,,I think Balotelli will reach Van Persie's level in couple of years so why not invest in him.....

Guidetti promising yes, anything special, no. Slow and limited and will be sold and rightly so. He's not that much younger than Mario and not fit to lace his boots. We need a 5th striker.
Utter bollocks. 20 goals in 23 games is a great record for the lad. He was playing in pretty mediocre team as well and to create and finish his own chances. He scored hat tricks against Ajax and FC Twente who are pretty much yearly champions league teams.

Guidetti a very special talent and if we sell him we will no doubt regret it.

Tueart1976 said:
kiam06 said:
If someone could Photoshop bacon face onto chemical Ali I think it would be genius but then again rags probably wouldn't know who chemical Ali is.

Let me introduce you to Chemical Alex :)

ohchu.jpg

Brilliant.

A tricky situation this.

He isn't worth 25m let alone 30m but I feel if he goes to Utd they'd have him and Rooney which would be a scary proposition and would pose us an extremely serious threat.

We need to stop that happening. Might have to bite the bullet on this and pay the required amount. If we had him we'd walk the league and be a very serious contender in the CL.

Sell Dzeko to balance the books.

Stoned Rose said:
A tricky situation this.

He isn't worth 25m let alone 30m but I feel if he goes to Utd they'd have him and Rooney which would be a scary proposition and would pose us an extremely serious threat.

We need to stop that happening. Might have to bite the bullet on this and pay the required amount. If we had him we'd walk the league and be a very serious contender in the CL.

Totally agree with this. It's insane that a large number of City fans seem to actually want to see RVP at United.....

hgblue said:
Stoned Rose said:
A tricky situation this.

Totally agree with this. It's insane that a large number of City fans seem to actually want to see RVP at United.....

insanity-defense.jpg
That's BM for you mate ;)

so with reports coming that arse want 30 mil and RVP saying that he wants 10 mil a year which basically counts as 198k a week for a 29 y/o in his last year of his contract. Do you still think that this would be a smart buy even for us who don't need a striker as of the moment?

carlos92 said:
mancityscot said:
i mean, come the fuck on! 30 million for a player in the last year of his contract who wants to leave. arsenal are stupid fecks

True but they did get £24,000,000 for Samir Nasri who was in a similar position to RvP.
Nasri had just turned 25 when City paid that. RVP is 29, has a ridiculously bad injury track record, would be available for nothing in 12 months and has stated that he wants to leave - there is no way he is worth £30 million + huge wages. Arsenal are dreaming if they honestly think they'll get anywhere near that amount.

And City's transfer policy should most definitely not be based around preventing our rivals from securing their own targets. If Mancini wants him because he honestly views him as a valuable addition to our squad then fine, but if he simply wants to stop him going to United (as some suggest) then he is out of his mind.

Dubai Blue said:
carlos92 said:
mancityscot said:
i mean, come the fuck on! 30 million for a player in the last year of his contract who wants to leave. arsenal are stupid fecks

True but they did get £24,000,000 for Samir Nasri who was in a similar position to RvP.
Nasri had just turned 25 when City paid that. RVP is 29, has a ridiculously bad injury track record, would be available for nothing in 12 months and has stated that he wants to leave - there is no way he is worth £30 million + huge wages. Arsenal are dreaming if they honestly think they'll get anywhere near that amount.

And City's transfer policy should most definitely not be based around preventing our rivals from securing their own targets. If Mancini wants him because he honestly views him as a valuable addition to our squad then fine, but if he simply wants to stop him going to United (as some suggest) then he is out of his mind.

Maybe he just thinks RVP is one of the best strikers in world football today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.