robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading these last few pages has filled my heart with joy.

For so long we were mocked and derided by Taggart and all who followed him. For so long we were seen as an irrelevant joke. For so long they joked about how small time we were, a bunch of losers.

Their hubris will never be forgotten by me and I suspect most blues. Now they're on the floor I want us to stick our foot on their fucking throat. This signing will represent yet another step in the changing of the guard and because of that, as much as anything else, the club should do all it reasonably can to make sure it happens.

Their arrogance and vanity has brought them to this point, but it's up to us to ensure that this story has a truly happy ending.

gordondaviesmoustache said:

For so long we were mocked and derided by Taggart and all who followed him. For so long we were seen as an irrelevant joke. For so long they joked about how small time we were, a bunch of losers.

Their hubris will never be forgotten by me and I suspect most blues. Now they're on the floor I want us to stick our foot on their fucking throat. This signing will represent yet another step in the changing of the guard and because of that, as much as anything else, the club should do all it reasonably can to make sure it happens.

Their arrogance and vanity has brought them to this point, but it's up to us to ensure that this story has a truly happy ending.

But also to do it with a bit of dignity! i don't want us lot turning into arrogant twats like them - where they are the only team that exists.

This is true: i argued with a red the other day, who was moaning about the "hour and a half rule" where kids cannot sign for teams that are over 90 mins away by car. This red said that this will ruin football, because if you have lionel messi's potential, you won't reach it unless you get trained by the coaches at united.... and he actually argued about this for hours. i was embarrassed for him

gordondaviesmoustache said:

I'd rather put City first than beating Utd to one of their targets just so we can spite them.

Must stick to our own valuation of the player, and take due regard of fitness and attitude of our own players. I think when Mancini considers Tevez in pre-season he will not be so keen on signing RVP

Marvin said:
I'd rather put City first than beating Utd to one of their targets just so we can spite them.
It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.

Cheadle Blue said:
But also to do it with a bit of dignity! i don't want us lot turning into arrogant twats like them - where they are the only team that exists.

Agreed, but that won't ever happen if we don't let it.

Marvin said:

It's clear we aren't after RvP to spite United but because we want to sign him. Our name was linked with him long before United so it could be argued they are trying to spite us.

Fergie offers £10m for RVP!

Fergie offers Wenger £10m for van Persie, says BBC teletext announcement. Whinger wants £25m. Is Fergie taking the piss or is it indicative of Utd's finances?

Can you see City chasing the fee up to £20m with 4 strikers plus Adebayor and RSC on the books?

Re: Fergie offers £10m for RVP!

Big Swifty said:
Fergie offers Wenger £10m for van Persie, says BBC teletext announcement. Whinger wants £25m. Is Fergie taking the piss or is it indicative of Utd's finances?
woman-counting-coins.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.