robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe we're sitting on the sideline. RVP was by all accounts Bobby's #1 target.

Is this a product of the so-called 'sell to buy' policy? Because that sounds like a policy giving Adebayor and his agent control over our transfers.

Hard to believe we're sitting on the sideline. RVP was by all accounts Bobby's #1 target.

I think you are right but the only reason IMO is Mancini believed Tevez would stick in his transfer request as he has done the last two transfer windows and needed a quality back up. When it became clear Tevez was going nowhere I believe Mancini looked at whether they could recoup the money for Dzeko, that seems to have failed culminating in his comments about believing RVP would not be a city player. Thats my take of it anyway.

Blue Haze said:

Is this a product of the so-called 'sell to buy' policy? Because that sounds like a policy giving Adebayor and his agent control over our transfers.
Adebayor doesn't help, but we already have 4 strikers apart from Adebayor. We'd have to sell Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli or Dzeko.

Marvin said:
Blue Haze said:

Adebayor doesn't help, but we already have 4 strikers apart from Adebayor. We'd have to sell Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli or Dzeko.

I think Mancini would drive Edin to the airport if it meant van Persie or Cavani through the door.

LoveCity said:
Marvin said:
Blue Haze said:

I think Mancini would drive Edin to the airport if it meant van Persie or Cavani through the door.

Shame he wasnt that perceptive when he shelled out for the lad..

Lot of posters on here were absolutely delighted the fact that we had signed Edin from wolfsburg some even suggested we would win the league the year he signed, well they were only a year out. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.