robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
samharris said:
zeven said:
WOW, i have read it all now.

Welbeck better than Balotelli?

Unbefuckinglievable. Right now im doing the worlds best facepalm.
United finished level on points with us last season and Wellbeck played most league games for United so he cant be that bad, Balotelli with doubt has more talent but has not yet shown this for us on a regular basis he needs to find some consistency.
Wellbeck, 30 apps, 9 goals, prolific
Mario, 23 apps, 13 goals, not good enough
ycnmiu

dancity19 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
samharris said:
Unbefuckinglievable. Right now im doing the worlds best facepalm.
United finished level on points with us last season and Wellbeck played most league games for United so he cant be that bad, Balotelli with doubt has more talent but has not yet shown this for us on a regular basis he needs to find some consistency.

So a key point of your argument is that Welbeck played games for United so can't be bad. Fair point. Following on from this though, wouldn't he have scored more goals than Balotelli...?? Nah, he didn't.....Welbeck 9, Balotelli 13. So I don't see your point...

Come off it mate, take off the blue tinted's for a minute, Welbeck is streets ahead of Balotelli - pace, power, finishing, hairstyle, the lot.

zeven said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Kun Aguero said:
Is Rooney And RVP Better Than Tevez And Aguero? I'm Not Sure.
Ours is better just but I think Welbeck and Hernandez are better as back up strikers as they actually suit there system which cant be said for Dzeko and with Balotelli you never know how he will perform on the day.
WOW, i have read it all now.

Welbeck better than Balotelli?

you probably have read it before, fleet street have written it, based on the fact that wellbeck plays for their darlings - the reality, as we know, is VERY different

Matt the Giant said:
dancity19 said:
He has not had 'one good season', that is such a myth.

Hence me using the term "great", not good.
One great season, but several decent ones, yes.

Depends as what you class as great I suppose. Only one season being top scorer, yes. And I suppose only one season where he was prolific. But I think he has been very good for a number of years...even great at times. Anyway, I wasn't directing it at you completely...it's often said on here.

Right.

So the rags now have another striker costing 4 mill (the Chilean that's just had a medical) and they are supposed to be paying anything from 22m upwards for RVP.

does this mean RVP isn't moving or going elsewhere and they'll end up with egg on their faces ?

how many strikers do they now have on the books?

Rammy Blue said:
dancity19 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

So a key point of your argument is that Welbeck played games for United so can't be bad. Fair point. Following on from this though, wouldn't he have scored more goals than Balotelli...?? Nah, he didn't.....Welbeck 9, Balotelli 13. So I don't see your point...

Come off it mate, take off the blue tinted's for a minute, Welbeck is streets ahead of Balotelli - pace, power, finishing, hairstyle, the lot.

And hes got bigger feet.

-- Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:33 pm --

The Bish said:
Right.

So the rags now have another striker costing 4 mill (the Chilean that's just had a medical) and they are supposed to be paying anything from 22m upwards for RVP.

does this mean RVP isn't moving or going elsewhere and they'll end up with egg on their faces ?

Baconface; "Hi Malcolm, I need some money theres two players I want"
Malcolm; "who are they and how much" ??
Baconface; " RVP 22 mill and some lad from Chile 4 mill"
Malcolm; "I'll telex 4 mill straight away"

The Bish said:
Right.

The Chilean kid is just that, a kid. He's not expected to be first team and thus has no impact on whether or not they sign Van Persie.

Welbeck is probably a bit quicker than Mario and a lot less likely to implode than Balotelli but Mario is superior in virtually every other aspect.

dancity19 said:
Matt the Giant said:
dancity19 said:
He has not had 'one good season', that is such a myth.

Hence me using the term "great", not good.
One great season, but several decent ones, yes.

Depends as what you class as great I suppose. Only one season being top scorer, yes. And I suppose only one season where he was prolific. But I think he has been very good for a number of years...even great at times. Anyway, I wasn't directing it at you completely...it's often said on here.

True.
RVP's one great season, being the last one obviously, was one where he alone carried the team and in the end handed the club one more shot at the CL title.
That greatness was the result of so many surrounding circumstances, which will not be present at United nor any other club. I'm willing to bet my right testicle on him not repeating last season's achievement ever again in the PL.

Of course he's a great player though, and not only does he score goals, he sets them up as well.
His arrival at OT must mean Rooney once again drops deeper, and I'm not sure he'd be entirely happy about that. He will not score as much that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.