robin van persie (continued)

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Joehannes said:
Because we have the 5th biggest squad in the premier league?

The 5th youngest squad in the premier league?

The only club in the top 4 to have a bigger and younger squad then us is arsenal....

I suppose the fact Barcelona haven't gone mad with strengthening their squad after a season of winning nothing means they'll win fuck all this season as well?
They won the Copa del Rey, Uefa Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and Supercopa de España.

Well I stand corrected, still the same applies considering they've only bought a left back and centre back who I assume will be replacing Puyol in the future...

We aren't quite at Barcelona's level yet....

Also, his point was that we can and should still strengthen, and that all teams do, no matter what they won last season.

We still have the best starting 11, and squad, but it is always important to build. We are not the finished article yet. As a number of people have said, if we get an injury in CB, do you feel comfortable?

dancity19 said:
Joehannes said:
They won the Copa del Rey, Uefa Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and Supercopa de España.

Well I stand corrected, still the same applies considering they've only bought a left back and centre back who I assume will be replacing Puyol in the future...

Also, his point was that we can and should still strengthen, and that all teams do, no matter what they won last season.

We still have the best starting 11, and squad, but it is always important to build. We are not the finished article yet. As a number of people have said, if we get an injury in CB, do you feel comfortable?

Spot on.

Some people just toe the party line without thinking, play it safe 'I am happy with what we have, fucking flappers'. I have fucking eyes and they see, I dont need to be told I am a flapper when I see our team struggle in winter with ACON and when Savic nearly cost us prem with letting Defoe in on goal ffs.

If we didn't win league it wouldn't even be a debate, because we won league it doesn't mean we stand still and hope things will be ok when the Toures wave farewell to us and depart for ACON.

Fucking savic to rely on.

dancity19 said:
Joehannes said:

I agree!

The OP was comparing us to what Madrid and Bayern have done so far and I wouldn't put us on their level either...

I think to compare what we've done in the market compared to other clubs is highly irrelevant I was just simply trying to prove a point haha....

Seriously though I'd be more then happy to have 1 major signing but regarding to the strikers position would be a waste of money.... If we could get De Rossi or Agger that would be in my eyes a better signing for us then Van Persie, although I have heard that we can forget about De Rossi so Agger would be ideal especially with the 3-5-2 formation!

Not fussed about missing out on him, great player but his injury record is there for all to see..

I think last year was his peak and i think it will be a signing that utd may regret..

He has a very strange personality and i am sure we do not need any further charaters like that in our dressing room..

I remember last season when they played Newcastle, Van Persie made a beeline for there Dutch goalie after the game and just wouldnt let it go...

Arsenal had won the game and it was laughable to see an experienced pro behave like that, we do not need anyone like that in our squad..

van_persie_denmark.jpg

Nuff said.

NipHolmes said:
Joehannes said:

Theirs your answer as I already posted. They had a weakness and they are fixing. Last year they had to spend on Sanchez to stop us getting him and they also got Fabregas. They also have a certain David Villa to replace in due time unless Cuenca is played there.

Spending £30-40mill on Alba and Song whom would probably cost us £50m isn't bad business and doens't support your opinion of not going mad. They are spending and they are improving.
They didn't sign Sanchez to stop us getting him. They signed him because they identified him as a player they needed.

And so far they have signed Alba and maybe Song. if City signed Song, I can guarantee you that there'd be a lot of City fans scratching their heads.

There's many a season that goes by when the dominant side decides to stick with what they have got. I'd like City to find someone who can give us the extra edge but it's not as easy as that. It's not a question of just getting the cheque book out. We've shown a willingness to do that. It's finding the right player, at the right price who is available.

NipHolmes said:
dancity19 said:

Spot on.

Some people just toe the party line without thinking, play it safe 'I am happy with what we have, fucking flappers'. I have fucking eyes and they see, I dont need to be told I am a flapper when I see our team struggle in winter with ACON and when Savic nearly cost us prem with letting Defoe in on goal ffs.

If we didn't win league it wouldn't even be a debate, because we won league it doesn't mean we stand still and hope things will be ok when the Toures wave farewell to us and depart for ACON.

Banging your head against a brick wall - because we have so openly failed in terms of our transfer targets some on here decide to circle the caravans and pretend all is well instead of being concerned.
Anyway he's bound to get injured and if not he'll just do air kicks

Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:

Theirs your answer as I already posted. They had a weakness and they are fixing. Last year they had to spend on Sanchez to stop us getting him and they also got Fabregas. They also have a certain David Villa to replace in due time unless Cuenca is played there.

Spending £30-40mill on Alba and Song whom would probably cost us £50m isn't bad business and doens't support your opinion of not going mad. They are spending and they are improving.
They didn't sign Sanchez to stop us getting him. They signed him because they identified him as a player they needed.

And so far they have signed Alba and maybe Song. if City signed Song, I can guarantee you that there'd be a lot of City fans scratching their heads.

There's many a season that goes by when the dominant side decides to stick with what they have got. I'd like City to find someone who can give us the extra edge but it's not as easy as that. It's not a question of just getting the cheque book out. We've shown a willingness to do that. It's finding the right player, at the right price who is available.

I am absolutely sure I read that Pep planned to buy Sanchez but moved quickly because of our interest and didn't want to lose a target. Have in mind all was well at Camp Barac when they signed him and they had won La Liga and the CL.

A team that dominated went and bought Fabregas and Sanchez, something Tricky Dicky needs to look at.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:33 pm --<br /><br />
GaudinoMotors said:
NipHolmes said:
dancity19 said:

Spot on.

Banging your head against a brick wall - because we have so openly failed in terms of our transfer targets some on here decide to circle the caravans and pretend all is well instead of being concerned.
Anyway he's bound to get injured and if not he'll just do air kicks

Thanks ;)

Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:

Wow, this batch of Co-codamol's good. Marvin have you read Ian Hunters book about Barca? It's a good read and pretty goes along with your getting the right players for the team and the style they want to play. That is why Song would be a great fit for us and them, but so would Agger and DDR.
Next year Bale I believe will be the number 1 target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.