robin van persie (continued)

Darren Gough had good point on TalkSport before.

If you turn it on its head - If Wenger was to spend 24m on a 29 year old in his last year of his contract, had 1 great season and on 220k a week everyone would we saying Wenger is mad and Gooners would be going mental.

Yet for United it seems OK and everyone is making out they are the next Barcelona etc...

No mention of wages in any news stand - The Scum are contributing to inflated wages just as much as us and Chelsea are.

New Rag gag I heard today - "the well is drying up now and your in the same boat as everyone else, you sign Rodwell, we sign RVP"

I'm not sure why United are a more attractive prospect than the Arse. Arse will finish above the rags this season. Rag squad of 40 year old men and home grown people of questionable talent won't cut it. And Phil Jones.

Anyway, bad signing, mark my words. The whole thing reeks of Berbatov.

And it's the midfield they should be worrying about.

We were slated to the hilt when we signed De Jong for 18mil when he was in the last year of his contract. Yet here's RVP going scum and it's lauded as good business for 24mil (despite him being a lot older than De Jong).

The main thing that irks me about this is that if it would have been us getting him for 24mil on 220k, they'd A) Report it as 40mil+ as they'd include the wages, B) Say us signing an older players means our youngster's get moved even further down the pecking order (erm... Wellshite/Little Shit/Pea anyone?) and C) We'd be getting stick from all over the show saying we've spent heavily on a player who scored more from Jan 2011 to present than he did from 2004-2010.

Granted he's a quality player, but this is just the same as the Berbatov transfer, if we wouldn't have seemed interested they'd have got him a lot cheaper so again just like Berbaflop I feel our inclusion has added a good 4/5mil.

It's going to be a good season! I still think we've got by far the best team and our striker's are still the envy of the league (Ag/Tev/Balo/Dzek)

bobmcfc said:
shadygiz said:
311754_10152011492820284_1188222064_n.jpg

Brilliant

Innit :)

I can tell that many United fans are a bit apprehensive about this, I expected a lot more crowing, but I think deep down many of them know the player is a big risk, we are all guilty of it, we see a Centre Forward at another club knocking them in for fun, and think that we would love to have them, but look at the record of prolific goal scorers who move to another club, their form very rarely follows them, it has happened to us and most other clubs (Carol is a good recent example)

Ducado said:
I can tell that many United fans are a bit apprehensive about this, I expected a lot more crowing, but I think deep down many of them know the player is a big risk, we are all guilty of it, we see a Centre Forward at another club knocking them in for fun, and think that we would love to have them, but look at the record of prolific goal scorers who move to another club, their form very rarely follows them, it has happened to us and most other clubs (Carol is a good recent example)

Good shout.

Torres is another example!

B3nStr0ng said:
Ducado said:

Good shout.

And Aguero and Tevez!

Ducado said:

Torres as well. It is open to debate on whether we have dodged a bullet.

B3nStr0ng said:
Ducado said:

Good shout.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. RVP is a world class striker. I'd be amazed if he doesn't do the business for United.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.