robin van persie (continued)

hgblue said:
B3nStr0ng said:
Ducado said:
I can tell that many United fans are a bit apprehensive about this, I expected a lot more crowing, but I think deep down many of them know the player is a big risk, we are all guilty of it, we see a Centre Forward at another club knocking them in for fun, and think that we would love to have them, but look at the record of prolific goal scorers who move to another club, their form very rarely follows them, it has happened to us and most other clubs (Carol is a good recent example)

Good shout.

Torres is another example!

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Torres is a world class striker. I'd be amazed if he doesn't do the business for Chelsea.
I think many people would have said the above.

Lets just see what happens

Torres' decline had started before he went to Chelsea, he was flopping for the Dippers. Unless RvP gets injured I think he will score lots of goals. Nani and Valencia bombing crosses from wide, Kagawa sliding passes in from the middle, hard NOT to score with such service - it will be an intensely tough challenge to fend off the scum this season.

hgblue said:
B3nStr0ng said:
Ducado said:
I can tell that many United fans are a bit apprehensive about this, I expected a lot more crowing, but I think deep down many of them know the player is a big risk, we are all guilty of it, we see a Centre Forward at another club knocking them in for fun, and think that we would love to have them, but look at the record of prolific goal scorers who move to another club, their form very rarely follows them, it has happened to us and most other clubs (Carol is a good recent example)

Good shout.

Torres is another example!

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. RVP is a world class striker. I'd be amazed if he doesn't do the business for United.

It's not, it's evidence based, more Centre Forwards flop than succeed and it seems the bigger the fee the more the form drops, the last 30 years is littered with them, we should know quite a few have flopped for us

In fairness to Ferguson he know football better than me but.... he is adding a new ingrediant into a team that has opperated in the same manner for a number of years. Rooney is used to how theve been playing and Van Persie could change that.

I hope beyond hope that it'll be a right mess. I doubt it will but God would I love it!!!!

Van Persies a great player, a world class striker and would improve any team bar Barcelona, yes even ours imoid take him over Tevez and most on here would have agreed a few months back but imo hes a luxary they didnt need, i can see why they want him so badly if you have the chance to sign someone of that quality your going to try as Mancini has said himself but up front aint where they lost to us last season, their midfield is horrendous for a top club easily the worst of the european elite clubs, they'll hammer plenty of sides next season but against the very best it dosnt come down to whos up top as much as whos in the middle feeding them, you can have Messi and Brazilian Ronaldo in his pomp but if you havnt got a good enough team behind them to give them the ball your fucked, granted they have world class wingers and ive always been impressed by Kagawa (hes the signing of theirs i fear the most btw watch out for him) but their central midfield wont cut it against the best in one off games, we schooled them in that area of the pitch in our 2 league meetings last season and signing Van Persie wont change that one iota.

A0cZ_K0CYAEaDtO.jpg

Tit!
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/TransferClock/status/236186078481113088/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/TransferClock/statu ... 88/photo/1</a>

Is it not about time to close this thread now he's a Rag? We're beginning to sound bitter and obsessed. Maybe all comments about him should now just go into the Rag 2012 thread?

I was right behind this Chinese kid and one or two of the lads took the same pic and we did have a chuckle...I was hoping after RVP signing for the redsox it would never surface!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.