robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
kenzie115 said:
No thanks, no better than our current three and he won't be prepared to be 4th choice, we need someone young who's willing to only play occasionally whilst learning from the others or someone at the other end of his career who wouldn't mind being back-up but has the quality needed.

Guidetti seems perfect to me but if Mancini wants him to be playing first team football at the moment we could do a lot worse than getting Defoe.
+1

Would be good to have an English forward and Defoe has the killer instinct.

HorshamBlue said:
kenzie115 said:
No thanks, no better than our current three and he won't be prepared to be 4th choice, we need someone young who's willing to only play occasionally whilst learning from the others or someone at the other end of his career who wouldn't mind being back-up but has the quality needed.

Guidetti seems perfect to me but if Mancini wants him to be playing first team football at the moment we could do a lot worse than getting Defoe.
+1

DEFOE!! Are you having a laugh!! He is the most ordinary player by our standards now. 2 years ago I would have agreed but our sights are far higher than him.

I can see us going for a pacy right footed (or both footed) left winger to give us an option on the left wing when BM thinks the RB is a liability to the other team. Similar to the way AJ is used and will also allow us to rotate Balo, Kun and Dzeko a little more or provide cover for one of them being injured.

Milner is just not a winger although he can be useful there when we really NEED a winger who tracks back.

summer of 69 said:
HorshamBlue said:
kenzie115 said:

+1

DEFOE!! Are you having a laugh!! He is the most ordinary player by our standards now. 2 years ago I would have agreed but our sights are far higher than him.

Good impact player.

We are in the strange situation where we already have three amazing strikers and adding a fourth would simply not work for the team, as much as i'd love to see Van Persie in blue it couldn't work without causing massive problems for the team. someone would have to leave, and I really do like Dzeko Aguero and Balotelli a lot so i'd rather stick to them and let a young gun be fourth choice.

MC ID said:
We are in the strange situation where we already have three amazing strikers and adding a fourth would simply not work for the team, as much as i'd love to see Van Persie in blue it couldn't work without causing massive problems for the team. someone would have to leave, and I really do like Dzeko Aguero and Balotelli a lot so i'd rather stick to them and let a young gun be fourth choice.

I agree but 3 strikers ain't enough for the games we are playing. To put pressure on a young kid to cover either Dzeko,Aguero or Balo wouldn't work. We Defo need a 4th striker we have been lucky with injuries so far but I 1 of the strikers gets injured were fooked. I believe a front 4 of the 3 we have and RVP would work perfectly well because Balo and RVP can play on the wings as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.