robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
citytill1die84 said:
MC ID said:
We are in the strange situation where we already have three amazing strikers and adding a fourth would simply not work for the team, as much as i'd love to see Van Persie in blue it couldn't work without causing massive problems for the team. someone would have to leave, and I really do like Dzeko Aguero and Balotelli a lot so i'd rather stick to them and let a young gun be fourth choice.

I agree but 3 strikers ain't enough for the games we are playing. To put pressure on a young kid to cover either Dzeko,Aguero or Balo wouldn't work. We Defo need a 4th striker we have been lucky with injuries so far but I 1 of the strikers gets injured were fooked. I believe a front 4 of the 3 we have and RVP would work perfectly well because Balo and RVP can play on the wings as well.

It's a good point but having 4 strikers who will all undoubtedly feel they should be the 1st name on any team sheet could cause problems, especially if one of the four gets relegated to carling cup duty. I think you're onto something with the winger point though, getting someone who can play on the wings primarily yet also play well as the main striker would serve us well. For me, Lavezzi would be a better choice because of this.

I will say though, if we got RVP and we managed to have all four strikers be fine with rotation I do believe i'd have a screaming orgasm.

I didn't realise how many ITK's we had following City until last nights game.

1st of January Van Persie is ours !
Van Perise is ours
Van Persie Is ours

There would be absolute uproar at the Emirates if this happened. Just can't see it myself.
All the speculation will die when he signs a new "ahem" improved contract with City allegedly sniffing after him.

problem is how do you rotate dzeko, aguerro, balotelli and van persie? It would be one of those weird situations like Dzeko where you score 4 goals and next game you are on the bench. Strikers need playing time, and you cant chop and change strikers every game, they will never get momentum. Believe it or not, there can be such thing as having too many players and the balance of the team being messed up.

Van Persie is a big striker, and if he comes, someone has to go. But lets say Van persie is replacement for Tevez, what is he replacing exactly 2-3 performance in in 4 months, or do people feel Dzeko, Aguerro and Baloteeli have played too much this season and want them to be rested even more?

I just think this would be a pointless purchase, if anything I'd rather we splash cash for a big time CB (like Thiago Silva) than a 4th world class striker.

Mancini has already said we won't be buying a striker in January but I think he'd be more tempted by Lavezzi than Van Persie if he changes his mind as Lavezzi is completely different to our three forwards.

allan harper said:
I didn't realise how many ITK's we had following City until last nights game.

1st of January Van Persie is ours !
Van Perise is ours
Van Persie Is ours

I was adjacent to the fence on Tuesday night with a copper between me and the Arsenal fans - I have got a brilliant photo of their faces when we sang ........

Van Perise is ours
Van Persie Is ours
Your our feeder club
Van Persie is ours

Calcio said:
problem is how do you rotate dzeko, aguerro, balotelli and van persie? It would be one of those weird situations like Dzeko where you score 4 goals and next game you are on the bench. Strikers need playing time, and you cant chop and change strikers every game, they will never get momentum. Believe it or not, there can be such thing as having too many players and the balance of the team being messed up.

That would be almost convincing if City weren't top of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.