robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonho said:
Take Balotelli's contribution this season and put RVP in there instead, I would say it's highly likely we would have had the league sewn up before the last game of the season. No take Balotelli's nonsense out and replace it with RVP's apparent professionalism - it's a no brainer.
Balotelli, for me, is not as good as many suggest and if someone is to be sacrificed to make way for van Persie, he should be it.
(imo)

Balotelli has scored a goal for every 101.6 minutes spent on the pitch this season.
Dzeko: every 106.9 minutes.
Van Persie: every 111.1 minutes.
Aguero: every 113.0 minutes.

Having said that, van Persie has the fourth-highest number of chances created (92).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballtacticsblog/2012/05/you_will_probably_know_that.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballt ... _that.html</a>

The main factor though, is of course that van Persie is a fucking **** of the lowest order and therefore would not be a signing I would welcome.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Tevez is an all round better player. By a good margin.
No way, mate.

RVP has better passing, touch, vision, better in the air, better at set pieces, more clinical, better weak foot ... you name it.

Jumanji said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
No way, mate.

RVP has better passing, touch, vision, better in the air, better at set pieces, more clinical, better weak foot ... you name it.
Career?

Stuuuuuu said:
The main factor though, is of course that van Persie is a fucking **** of the lowest order and therefore would not be a signing I would welcome.

8 goals in his first 10 games and opinions on a mans character quickly change, quite a few of our recent signings have hardly been angels, but its much more tolerable when they where your teams shirt

RVP comes across as a bit of a tosser, he is unlikely to be tried at The Hague anytime soon

Jumanji said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
No way, mate.

This 100%. Van Persie had 14 assists this season, how many has Tevez ever had in a season? To say by a good margin is very odd. Van Persie just had arguably the best ever season by a player in PL history. Tevez is great no doubt, but Van Persie at the moment is the best striker in the world(IMO)

CTIDANDREW said:
Jumanji said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
No way, mate.

This 100%. Van Persie had 14 assists this season, how many has Tevez ever had in a season? To say by a good margin is very odd. Van Persie just had arguably the best ever season by a player in PL history. Tevez is great no doubt, but Van Persie at the moment is the best striker in the world(IMO)

One great season doesn't make him the best striker in the world pal.

By that logic Newcastle's Cisse was the best striker in the world as he lined up against us.

I'll have a £10 bet with anyone on here that he doesn't score 25 league goals next season regardless of who he's with.

All bets are void if he plays in Scotland or Holland next year

There has been loads of speculation of him leaving and not once has he come out saying he wants to stay at the club. He pretty much carries that team and would probably like it better to be at a club where the pressure is off a bit as if he didn't score the goals this season then Arsenal would be mid-table. I for one would like to see him leave Arsenal and then hope they fall down the table.

I like our frontmen.

Right balance of height , premiership experience , passing and vision and we need a winger who can cross to make Dzeko more lethal than he already is.

If Tevez goes we should look to a RVP but only then.

Those calling for Dzeko to go are very short sighted.

Balotelli has his hissy fits but his good far outweighs his bad.

It was Dzeko and Balotelli that were instrumental in turning things around when Tevez had run out of ideas on Sunday.

Get another three seasons as hard as that may be of these four and we shall win our fare share of silverware and have plenty of fun along the way if we don't.

It will take Nasri at least another season before we see he best of him.

I wouldn't lose much sleep if RVP didn't come to us in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.