robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blootoof said:
Kippaxgirl said:
RVP has played his best season. He will not repeat. He would be like an older Andy Carroll -- ridiculous transfer fee and then nowt. At least Andy Carroll is young enough and looks like he's coming around but RVP is on the zenith of the Bell curve and is on his way down.

images

RVP is a much better finisher than Carroll and both are completely different players. Falcao or Cavani would probably be a better option though.

CityCTID said:
CTIDANDREW said:
Santiago Street . said:
One great season doesn't make him the best striker in the world pal.

By that logic Newcastle's Cisse was the best striker in the world as he lined up against us.

I'll have a £10 bet with anyone on here that he doesn't score 25 league goals next season regardless of who he's with.

All bets are void if he plays in Scotland or Holland next year

Can you name a better striker at the moment? With stats to back it up, because the man had 30 goals and 13 assists in the best league in the world for CRYING OUT LOUD.

Falcao

Great player for sure, but does he have the assist numbers Van Persie has over the years. Falcao is possibly a better pure scorer, but an all around striker no way (IMO)

jus2nang (gooner) said:
Santiago Street . said:
CTIDANDREW said:
This 100%. Van Persie had 14 assists this season, how many has Tevez ever had in a season? To say by a good margin is very odd. Van Persie just had arguably the best ever season by a player in PL history. Tevez is great no doubt, but Van Persie at the moment is the best striker in the world(IMO)

By that logic Newcastle's Cisse was the best striker in the world as he lined up against us.

I'll have a £10 bet with anyone on here that he doesn't score 25 league goals next season regardless of who he's with.

1 great season???

Over the last 4 seasons his record is 144 games 89 goals 44 assists.
This is the first season he has scored more than 20 goals in the league. He normally just edges into double figures.

CityCTID said:
CTIDANDREW said:
Santiago Street . said:

Can you name a better striker at the moment? With stats to back it up, because the man had 30 goals and 13 assists in the best league in the world for CRYING OUT LOUD.

Falcao
Winner.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/17/robin-van-persie-arsenal?newsfeed=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... sfeed=true</a>

Robin van Persie has indicated that he has no intention of signing his proposed new contract at Arsenal in the immediate future as he waits to see which of his suitors will make official offers for him.

Manchester City and Juventus are prominent among that group and sources at each club say their information is that Van Persie will not agree to fresh terms at the Emirates Stadium under any circumstances, increasing the likelihood of his departure this summer.

The striker opened negotiations with the Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, and the club's chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, in London on Wednesday and it was never likely that the meeting would end with Van Persie's signature on the new deal, which would pay him £130,000 a week, plus a £5m re-signing bonus. Van Persie's contract has a little over 12 months to run.

Arsenal maintain there is plenty of time for Van Persie to reflect and commit his remaining peak years to them and they also have the option of holding him for one final season, even if that policy would risk them losing a hugely saleable asset for nothing as a free agent next summer.

Not entirely sure if I want us to get him.. We don't exactly need a Striker at the moment and if we did I'd rather have Cavani or Falcao as they are much Younger

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VycVcYSAz2U[/youtube]

relies heavily on service of wingers. alot of 6 yard tap ins. i know he's scored some quality goals as well but nothing too impressive for me. really hope he's not our first target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.