robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSP said:
sincity said:
CTIDANDREW said:
Great player for sure, but does he have the assist numbers Van Persie has over the years. Falcao is possibly a better pure scorer, but an all around striker no way (IMO)

We don't need assists, we need a striker who can consistently finish from all the assists to be provided by Silva, Nasri, Clichy, Yaya, and possibly Hazard next season..

let's buy Inzaghi then :)

lol or even Nistelrooy or Raul :)
Wonder where they are nowadays..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/18/manchester-city-arsenal-robin-van-persie?newsfeed=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... sfeed=true</a>

sorry if already posted

I don't get the fervour to sign him on such crazy wages. He is a class player but surely the club can see he's probably peaked this season and with his long history of injuries he's probably going to be on the shelf regularly once he reaches his 30s. If we sign him on a 5 year contract, we'll be paying him a fortune until he's 34 at which point he'll be worth little to nothing in the transfer market and we'll have to release him or offer him a short-term extension (which he'll probably refuse, ala Drogba).

Something tells me this will be a disasterous signing. The wages he will be on will only add to the pressure. Imagine if we do get him and he doesn't score in the first 5-6 games or so. The media will be all over it. And he is well overdue a serious injury. Take into account his wages and transfer fee and i think we could do better personally.

MonsallBlue said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/18/manchester-city-arsenal-robin-van-persie?newsfeed=true

sorry if already posted
Hope this isn't true he's 29 in August, and I'm not having Yaya's on £250,000 a week.

I doubt the wages will be 250k a week. People just say that because we'll blow Arsenal's proposed 130k week wages away and they assume we'd have to dwarf that to get him to come here. It could be a mere 180k a week (astronomical for us commoners) but 50k a week extra is still blowing them away.<br /><br />-- Fri May 18, 2012 3:10 pm --<br /><br />assuming Tevez is sold to a Milan, Aguero/RVP/Dzeko/Mario is still 1 too many world class strikers. Speaking of fucking luxury problems to have though, eh?

if we sign RVP, we will have to let 1 of Balotelli or Dzeko go.

Hope it falls through

He'll demand a reasonably high transfer fee and super high wages, given that he could break down and play say only 20 odd games in the next two seasons due to injury it's not worth the risk for me.

I don't think we need another striker unless we sell one.

If Tevez goes, Falcao seems like the best option.

If Dzeko goes then I'd guess Cavani would be a top target as having Aguero, Tevez and Falcao doesn't offer much variation.

If Balotelli goes I'd like to see us give Guidetti a real shot at the first team. We'd still have 3 experienced strikers in Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko but given the number of games we could have, if the cup competitions go a bit better next year, Guidetti would still get plenty of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.