robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could keep the 4 strikers we have now then i would be more than happy. What we really need is the width to compliment Dzeko. i love RVP and think he's a great player. But he's 29 in August, City just don't buy players his age anymore. Not unless it's a complete steal with no real risk. Arsenal would want big money for him and the player would want a huge wage to boot.

If we do lose Tevez and either Balotelli or Dzeko. Then Cavani and Higuain are the two i would like to see us go for. But right now, as things stand we don't need another striker.

Pigeonho said:
LoveCity said:
PLEKSTER isn't a super reliable source, he's a City fan on the WUM taking the piss out of rags, Dippers, and Gunners. And he has Arsenal fans wound up exactly as he planned. ;)

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/#!/PLEKSTER" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/#!/PLEKSTER</a>

martin0030 martin james
@PLEKSTER stop makin shit up u stupid **** or I'll find u and burn u alive
Hahaha, some right mad cunts out there!
PLEKSTER is actually a United fan but he's one funny bastard, used to post on a forum and we'd constantly be trolling each other. In the end the mods decided to ban us both, appears he's continuing the trolling on Twitter. Funny guy.

BlakeTheBlue said:
If we could keep the 4 strikers we have now then i would be more than happy. What we really need is the width to compliment Dzeko. i love RVP and think he's a great player. But he's 29 in August, City just don't buy players his age anymore. Not unless it's a complete steal with no real risk. Arsenal would want big money for him and the player would want a huge wage to boot.

If we do lose Tevez and either Balotelli or Dzeko. Then Cavani and Higuain are the two i would like to see us go for. But right now, as things stand we don't need another striker.

I agree with this but I do feel as though either Dzeko or Tevez will definitely leave in the summer and then I can see us after another CF.

I know Guidetti will be back but I still think Mancini will want another option and I would have any of your options and add to that RVP or Falcao

pudge said:
Falcao went to Atletico for around £35 million, after this season they will be looking £50 million or more if they are going to sell him.

NO CHANCE we spend that on one player this summer.

Yes, I understand that, just stated my preference :)
Unless we can do a player-exchange..

rvp would be a revelation in our team!! too many caught up in what THEY want! if bobby wants rvp then thats good enough for me. too many starting to act like spoilt children.

richards30 said:
rvp would be a revelation in our team!! too many caught up in what THEY want! if bobby wants rvp then thats good enough for me. too many starting to act like spoilt children.

I don't know about you but I'm looking at the club finances and future growth potential in saying no to RVP. Buy the players who will complement the team for years to come, allowing the club to spend minimum amount for transfers in the future.. I also prefer that we keep our existing strikers and allow them to develop rather than bring new forwards, but it seems City wants a change..
Don't know how you consider City fans are like 'spoilt children' for simply stating their preferences when RVP himself is going to cost 25mil+. What you or I think is irrelevant and every City fan would back Mancini whoever he decides to bring in..

btw, current understanding/rumors is that Mancini wants Cavani while Marwood, Viera wants RVP...

sincity said:
pudge said:
Falcao went to Atletico for around £35 million, after this season they will be looking £50 million or more if they are going to sell him.

NO CHANCE we spend that on one player this summer.

Yes, I understand that, just stated my preference :)
Unless we can do a player-exchange..

they need to sell because of their financial position. personally think he'd cost around the same price they bought him for

CTIDANDREW said:
CityCTID said:
CTIDANDREW said:
Can you name a better striker at the moment? With stats to back it up, because the man had 30 goals and 13 assists in the best league in the world for CRYING OUT LOUD.

Falcao

Great player for sure, but does he have the assist numbers Van Persie has over the years. Falcao is possibly a better pure scorer, but an all around striker no way (IMO)

We don't need assists, we need a striker who can consistently finish from all the assists to be provided by Silva, Nasri, Clichy, Yaya, and possibly Hazard next season..

Old, injury prone player who has only been great for 1 season when team is built around him. It seems too many spoilt fans just want to buy, buy, buy everyone that is any good like RVP, Cavani, Hulk, just more forwards for City, even though we already got Aguero, Judas, Dzeko, Balo. I will be dissapointed in club if we bring in player thats nearing 30 years, we need to buy young players that can stay long time with us, cause when FFPR kick in we won't be able to spend shitloads of money every summer.

sincity said:
CTIDANDREW said:
CityCTID said:

Great player for sure, but does he have the assist numbers Van Persie has over the years. Falcao is possibly a better pure scorer, but an all around striker no way (IMO)

We don't need assists, we need a striker who can consistently finish from all the assists to be provided by Silva, Nasri, Clichy, Yaya, and possibly Hazard next season..

let's buy Inzaghi then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.