robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
BibbyBlue85 said:
markbmcfc said:
If I hear more about his age I think I will actually implode. He is 28!!!

And FFPR! Its not down to us to balance the books. If Sheikh Mansour wants to spend 30mill on RVP then so be it. Let him worry about it and not us. 1 of the best businessmen in the world would not spend that type of money without everything falling inline with FFPR.
totally agree mate, people forget our owner knows what hes doing!!

I thought he was of to Real Madrid, this is getting embarrassing taking all Arsenals players. Oh well have to get used to another 30 goals going in next season.

richards30 said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
markbmcfc said:
If I hear more about his age I think I will actually implode. He is 28!!!

And FFPR! Its not down to us to balance the books. If Sheikh Mansour wants to spend 30mill on RVP then so be it. Let him worry about it and not us. 1 of the best businessmen in the world would not spend that type of money without everything falling inline with FFPR.
totally agree mate, people forget our owner knows what hes doing!!

Agreed mate. Us fans should be relishing the chance of signing someone of RVP's quality not worrying about accounts. Sheikh Mansour is a man who bought Barclays shares for 125m and sold them a year later for 1.5bn. Top business brain, people need to chill about FFPR

are there any strong indications he wants to come to us or we really do want him?

I have only seen speculations.

zeven said:
are there any strong indications he wants to come to us or we really do want him?

I have only seen speculations.
only from a few people to be honest mate. the media though seem to have caught onto it and rvp`s agent has confirmed he has met with us at the etihad in feb i think it was and someone mentioned very recently.

Are wikipedias stats on RVP correct by the way?:

2004– Arsenal 194 (96)

194 appearances and 96 goals in 8 years?

25 games and 12 goals a season. Can't be right?

WTGD!! said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
cookster said:
Injury record - overplayed at Arsenal, won't be at City
Age - Got 4 years at the top left
FFP - I'll leave that to the accountants and so should you

194 appearances in 8 years suggests he's been anything but overplayed
4 years at the top. How many has Aguero got? 10? Why not go for another like him?
I'd rather not just bury my head in the sand and hope for the best to be honest. RVP is a top player but I can't help but think he's been lucky with injuries this season and we'll end up shelling out tens of missions fand not getting our moneys worth.

I agree with this, would hate to see us get another RSC situation on our hands. Signing a big money player with a proven injury record, is a massive risk.

If we are going to replace Tev, it needs to be for a similar type player. Hard working but top class. For me Lavezzi is the man
yes yes yes levazzi

The Fat el Hombre said:
Are wikipedias stats on RVP correct by the way?:

2004– Arsenal 194 (96)

194 appearances and 96 goals in 8 years?

25 games and 12 goals a season. Can't be right?

Yes it is.

It's only the last few seasons where he's looked anything like a player who could get in our present side & he's made of fucking glass. Add to that he's a complete arse and a nasty piece of work.

Imo if Arsenal can spank our backsides for £30 mil for this character, who has been crocked or average for most of the last ten years, they should be wearing highwayman's outfits.

Sure, he could score 40 goals in this team IF everything works out for him. It's also 50/50 he spends half the season on the treatment table whilst we pay him millions and millions. Then the season after, he will turn 30 & start to lose his pace.

Absolutely ridiculous gamble for a player who has only ever produced 2 decent seasons in his career.

If Mancini buys him i will consider it to be a wrong decision by roberto and would not support the decision. There i said it.
Unless we win the champions league

Not convinced myself. I'm not saying RVP isn't a good player but we signed lot's of great players from the Arse.... Kolo, Nasri, Adebayor, they're ok but don't have the same impact with us. If RVP is supposed to be a replacement for Tevez, it's a poor one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.