robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
a striker of any kind would still be low on my priority list behind box-to-box/deep-lying midfielder, winger, and CB.

In other words we need to replace David Pizzaro despite him not being a first team regular.

I doubt a winger will be prioritised merely due to the tactical approach of Mancini personally. We do not play with width so quality within that department is not essential and that is why Johnson is not a first team starter on a consistent basis.

I fully agree with your centre-back assessment though and I'd rather have Subotic than Hummels personally. Subotic is more in the Vidic mould to Hummels I believe but my knowledge is limited in terms of seeing them play on a regular basis.

uh, is this actually true?

It says July 1st for France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Scotland.

I thought it's June 1st

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window</a>

MSP said:
uh, is this actually true?

It says July 1st for France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Scotland.

I thought it's June 1st

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window</a>

I think that could be down to the Euro's. It doesn't stop teams from buying though.

C_T_I_D said:
Andouble said:
a striker of any kind would still be low on my priority list behind box-to-box/deep-lying midfielder, winger, and CB.

In other words we need to replace David Pizzaro despite him not being a first team regular.

I doubt a winger will be prioritised merely due to the tactical approach of Mancini personally. We do not play with width so quality within that department is not essential and that is why Johnson is not a first team starter on a consistent basis.

I fully agree with your centre-back assessment though and I'd rather have Subotic than Hummels personally. Subotic is more in the Vidic mould to Hummels I believe but my knowledge is limited in terms of seeing them play on a regular basis.

In centre midfield, both Yaya and Barry aren't spring chickens.

We have Milner, but even with a consistent run-out I don't think he'll ever be a world-beater.

We didn't play with width much, very true, but could it have been down to the lack of options out there rather than not WANTING to play with wingers? We all know Mancini likes his fullbacks to bomb on, but I'm sure he'd be the first to tell you in games, like QPR for example, having an attacking player out wide who could not only beat a defender with trickery but also with pace would have given us another dimension.

I wouldn't break the bank for a CB as Lescott is quite good, but even if Kolo stays I think he's well past it, and the jury is still out on whether Savic has it to begin with. Rekik far too young to throw into the fire.<br /><br />-- Mon May 28, 2012 9:12 pm --<br /><br />As for transfer dates, we announced the Silva signing on 30 June, Barry 2 June, Boateng on 5 June, so transfer window is open, even if paperwork can't officially be completed until a later time.

Don't know where this urge for a striker is coming from. It is the least needed position in my opinion.

1 Centerback (definitely) our biggest need.
1. Winger/AM (be We can use one, if fast and better than what we have)
1. Central Midfielder (Possibly. A deep lying playmaker)

Those are the only 3 players types we need to solidify the squad.

I am not the biggest Hazzard fan, so I am fine if he ends up at Chelsea. His statds suggests he will be great, but when I watch, he never seems consistent to me. Don't like Moura either. Just doesn't seem to have the brain it seems. Neymar would be a peach, but that seems a dream.

I am bummed we missed out on Vertonghen. That was a missed opportunity, I don't care what anyone says, it was. Hope we can get Mbiwa or Martinez instead. Anything short of such players would have been a poor decision on our coaches part. And a poor decision to not improve the skill level at CD.

As for deep lying playmaker, I cant think of anyone right now who will be a great fit. But I bet our scouting should be able to. Besides, I sense Nasri might be perfect at that position eventually.

The winger of choice for me is Bale. I know many don't like him or think him a one trick pony. But they miss his thru talent. He is a workhorse with lungs for days and an immaculate leftfooted cross. Her is also a superb striker of the ball, and a meats and potato guy. He puts his head down and works. I want a player like that.

Personally, I think an addition of Bale and Martinez should be all we need, so long as we don't lose any key players, which it doesn't seem we will.

With Aguero, Tevez, Balo and Dzeko (we are overstacked at Striker) Frankly, we should not even be considering adding one. Especially since we often will be playing with just one striker, and at most 2. And unless injured or grossly out of form or overplayed. You'd expect Kun to start, which leaves one spot for the other 3. Most likely one them will not make the bench even. I know many still want Tevez gone, but unless he throws a fit, he is not leaving. Dzeko has said he is not interested in leaving either, and so has Balo. So really, to get another striker, City will have to force out someone who doesn't want to leave.
I personally will keep all 4 if the waters stay the way they are. So no strikers for me. I reckon Johnson might consider leaving, but I hope he stays. He will not be a starter at City, but he will be a very good backup. Evryone else stays. I see Barry's role diminishing, and Yaya getting pushed up more often. Which means there will be lots of playing time available at the CM spot. I see Nasri probably dropping into one.

Nigel, will probably get more games, if Nasri is the other CM. Milner has to push on next season to get more playing time at CM, he simply wouldn't get it in the attacking areas if we add any semblance of talent to the front area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.