Robinho, Barcelona again . . .

This is where it gets interested and we find out all about our policy's and how we conduct our high-profile players leaving the club, if indeed he does leave for Barcelona. I think although there is an obvious "friendship" with Barcelona we need to drive the hardest bargain possible so that we don't look like fools.

I find him a bit ungreatful though. He wants a route out of Real Madrid, we give him that. He wants to be loved, we give him that. He wants stupidly high wages, we give him that. He wants amazing players to follow him to Man City, we give him that. What's his problem? He's a liar based on him coming out saying that he wishes to win the premiership with us. Well good luck with that one seen as you may be going half way through the season!

If it's true I am extremely dissapointed with Robinho. It's not the fact he wants to go to Barcelona that narks me off, end of the day they're the European Champions and challenge on all fronts and have some amazing players, but the fact he's made it so blatant in a "come and get me" please is disgraceful and basically disrespects the City fans who have backed him all the way.

C_T_I_D said:
This is where it gets interested and we find out all about our policy's and how we conduct our high-profile players leaving the club, if indeed he does leave for Barcelona. I think although there is an obvious "friendship" with Barcelona we need to drive the hardest bargain possible so that we don't look like fools.

I find him a bit ungreatful though. He wants a route out of Real Madrid, we give him that. He wants to be loved, we give him that. He wants stupidly high wages, we give him that. He wants amazing players to follow him to Man City, we give him that. What's his problem? He's a liar based on him coming out saying that he wishes to win the premiership with us. Well good luck with that one seen as you may be going half way through the season!

If it's true I am extremely dissapointed with Robinho. It's not the fact he wants to go to Barcelona that narks me off, end of the day they're the European Champions and challenge on all fronts and have some amazing players, but the fact he's made it so blatant in a "come and get me" please is disgraceful and basically disrespects the City fans who have backed him all the way.

Sorry mate but how exaclt has he been making "come and get me pleas". He wouldve been asked a question in an interview "what do you make of Barcelonas interest?". Im quite sure he didnt call a press conference to announce to the world that Barca were a great side. It will shit me off as well if Robbie suddenly packs his bags and leaves, cos at the end of the day his career imo will be much better here. There is no other club in the world where he will see as much love as he has recieved from City fans. And to be fair mate, if Robby makes any more noises coming towards January, ill be the first one at the ground with a "Fuck off Robby sign", we cant piss about with nonsense like that anymore. And Im sure Robby will mind sitting on the pine if he makes anymore noises, cos im sure the Sheiks dont like to be pissed about either, and they can afford to set an example. End of rant.

"It's not easy to say no to a team like Barcelona,”

I think that says it all really. To me that's a come and get me plea.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Robinho said this just before the champs league final ffs. Its old comments dragged up again.

Not sure these are the same comments mate, as one of the players he mentions wanting to play alongside this time round is Ibrahimovic - who wasn't at Barca when they played the Champion's League final.

Still think it means fook all though - it would be very easy for a lazy Journo to induce these comments from a player - ie: 'How do you feel about Barcelona's interest in you, Robbie?' - then take them out of context to make a 'Sensational Robinho Desperate for Barca Move Swoop', which you can then sell for a tidy sum to the various worldwide media outlets who may be interested in such tat.

No doubt he'll make some affirmative comment about City when he comes back over here and all will be forgiven.

He may go to Barca. He may not. But these sort of stories mean absolutely fook all either way.

C_T_I_D said:
"It's not easy to say no to a team like Barcelona,”

I think that says it all really. To me that's a come and get me plea.

Maybe he meant "its not easy to say no, but thats what had to be done in the end"... I hope so anway haha.
Mate dont stress, I dont think heel leave and id be dissapointed if he didnt give us at least 3 years of honest service, because to be honest at the moment hes given us 6 good months and 6 shit months, (Home and away games). He needs to get his head down and keep his trap shut because he aint gonna fuckin walk out of here if he leaves. Hes got a contract until 2012 and the Sheikh could say "nah robby piss off back to the reserves we dont need to sell you".

Optimus Prime said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Robinho said this just before the champs league final ffs. Its old comments dragged up again.

Not sure these are the same comments mate, as one of the players he mentions wanting to play alongside this time round is Ibrahimovic - who wasn't at Barca when they played the Champion's League final.

Still think it means fook all though - it would be very easy for a lazy Journo to induce these comments from a player - ie: 'How do you feel about Barcelona's interest in you, Robbie?' - then take them out of context to make a 'Sensational Robinho Desperate for Barca Move Swoop', which you can then sell for a tidy sum to the various worldwide media outlets who may be interested in such tat.

No doubt he'll make some affirmative comment about City when he comes back over here and all will be forgiven.

He may go to Barca. He may not. But these sort of stories mean absolutely fook all either way.

I do agree. I mean, the next positive story he makes about City which will no doubt occur as soon as he returns here, we will all be back unzipping our pants again. I think we need to relax and not worry about players and what they say about other clubs. I mean if a big law firm was trying to headhunt me I would be more than flattered to be fair. Its all about the environment we provide the players with at City, and making sure they want to stay rather than leave. THe current group running our club will do their utmost to keep all players happy, that I am sure of.

Robinho is a amazing player, however lets be honest he is his own nightmare, constantly speaking to the media and giving them quotes to feed on, one minute he is speaking about us going for the prem, then he is flattered by barcelona, the guy needs to sort it out.

At the end of the day, we have delivered on our promises, look at the squad. One thing I can say though is as much as people laugh and taunt the rags regarding Ronaldo they have showed that no player is bigger than the club, this is the lesson Robinho needs to learn, you only have to look at his actions with Madrid and the things the club were saying about him.

Don't get me wrong I love seeing this guy in a city shirt but you only have to look at the situation regarding him flying back to brazil etc and it appears that the guy is a magnet for bad press, him saying such things like he has about Barca just adds fuel to the fire.

We've got to face the fact that Robinho can do exactly as he likes. He's rich and he can afford to p*ss of his current employer if he wishes as he knows he'll have no difficulty getting another fantastic job.

Mark Hughes will know how to deal with him and if City need to get rid then they will.

On current performance levels I wouldn't be too worried about seeing him leave although it'd be nice if he could gel with all the new players and start playing like the superstar he is supposed to be.

Why the fuss? This time last year Robbie was the biggest star at the club, now he's got company. He's just another one of our big-names. If he wants to go in January then let him, we'll just bring someone else in who does want to play and won't keep opening his mouth to the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.