Robinho Celebration

moomba said:
alera said:
Thats funny I dont know a single city fan that thinks Robinho is a good player for city or wants him at the club. Strange no ? Just becuase hes robinho its ok for him to make the club look like idiots time and again, not show up and put in a performance time and again. I dont get it personally its the whole beckham think going on. Hes shit for city end of story.

99% of city fans I speak to say hes been a shit signing and dont want to see him playing for our club so what does that say ?

Says that you're a bit limited in the people that you speak to.

Most that I know realise that he's not playing well, understand that he will never be the al action 110%er that some want, but desperately hope that he comes good. If he doesn't they will all move on because the club is more important than any individual.

Don't know one person that just wants him gone, without even giving a thought to the possibility that he might come good.

Couldn't agree more. He's a top player, but we have alternatives. I can wait for him to come good, given oportunities. If he can't.... so be it.

A sub gets subbed. How many times do you see that ? How many times do you see that with a player costing £34 million and £140k a week ?

Thankfully Mancini knows the score, he knows he cant be relied on or trusted, he doesnt give a shit and wont put the effort in, so he plays him when it doesnt matter or when 10 men is enough (as today)

Do I go to away matches? not as much as I like to but yes. I will be at the match with the supporters club at Old Trafford this week and looking forward to it :)

projectsky4 said:
Robinho today I might add was trying to be himself again, he's got no confidence and no actual match fitness. He performed away from home, can't we just leave the boy too it. We won, he scored and he actually made a few tackles today, give him a fecking break.

For what it's worth I agree with this post. I also think Petrov is just as lazy but he doesn't get half the flack as Robbie does.
But they are both quality players and Robbie needs to build up his confidence.

This may have been said already, I haven't trawled through all of the posts on this thread and I apologise if i'm covering old ground but we should remember that Robbie was out with a broken ankle for weeks and since then hasn't had the opportunity, because of our strength of squad to get a string of matches under his belt. I'm sure he could get back to last years early form if given the chance. How many players struggle after an injury, I give you Eduardo for a start!

Meanwhile, as for the subbed sub thing. To be fair Robbie is never gonna do anything on a narrow pitch like Goodison when the rest of the squad is getting no time on the ball either. Maybe it was just a brave decision by Mancini to accept that it wasn't working. After all Robbie only came on because of Roque's injury, I bet he wouldn't have come on at all if that hadn't happened.
In the end whatever happens with him happens but rather than get on his back and give the rags something to gloat about on Wednesday lets unite behind every player and appreciate them all otherwise we be seen as being spoilt!!

I'm with Mark and everyone else on this, most st holders I speak to (because seemingly ths gives them more of an opinion in your eyes) see what Robinho can bring to us on and off the pitch.

Were you there today Alera? Does it mean I'm allowed to say your opinion means fuck all because you haven't boast about being to away matches this year?

alera said:
Not sure what this 'you dont go to games' argument is all about. Season ticket holder for many a year and I think your a tosser. An opinion shared by 99% of ST holders on here I would imagine.

Thats funny I dont know a single city fan that thinks Robinho is a good player for city or wants him at the club. Strange no ? Just becuase hes robinho its ok for him to make the club look like idiots time and again, not show up and put in a performance time and again. I dont get it personally its the whole beckham think going on. Hes shit for city end of story.

99% of city fans I speak to say hes been a shit signing and dont want to see him playing for our club so what does that say ?

Are all the people you talk to as stupid as you? Yeah, that would explain a lot...

Just for a bit of balance, every City fan I talk to thinks that Robinho should be perservered with and not judged till he's fully fit.

I'm just back in from Scunny and I thought Robi was excellent. His link up play and vision are at a level way beyond most of the Premiership.

Did he make enough block tackles... probably not. But then again did Nedum play one-two's, dribble around opposing players and set up our play wonderfully well at times.. probably not.

It's horses for courses. A balance. A bit of this and a bit of that.

It's what makes the world go around.

And it's what makes good teams great.

Maybe I'm a cynic.... but no matter what player pulls on the shirt, I can't join in a debate to drag said player down. Robinho is worth a lot of money to our club and the press and pundits know it, we'll get a lot less for him when we sell and I don't want Chelsea or Barcelona to get him on the cheap, same goes for any of our players. Dunne was worth more than 6 million he got slated on here, along with Studge.
I agree with Keegan he said "he's not had enough game time this season"

Soulboy said:
alera said:

Are all the people you talk to as stupid as you? Yeah, that would explain a lot...

Just for a bit of balance, every City fan I talk to thinks that Robinho should be perservered with and not judged till he's fully fit.

I'm just back in from Scunny and I thought Robi was excellent. His link up play and vision are at a level way beyond most of the Premiership.

Did he make enough block tackles... probably not. But then again did Nedum play one-two's, dribble around opposing players and set up our play wonderfully well at times.. probably not.

It's horses for courses. A balance. A bit of this and a bit of that.

It's what makes the world go around.

And it's what makes good teams great.

My love/hate relationship with Robinho goes on....

I completely agree regarding his performance today mate. His touches were sublime and he was genuinely fun to watch. Why does he wind me up so much when he's below par though? Why can I excuse Bellamy being shit on occasions but not Robinho?

It's obviously to do with 'work rate' and I realise that this isn't necessarily fair. So, from now on, I'm not going to slate him and just pray it comes together for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.