Robinho: Coming Back To City In The Summer (or not) {merged}

jrb

ROBINHO last week gave his boss Roberto Mancini an ultimatum over his Manchester City future that led to his exit.

The Brazilian demanded assurances from the City manager that he would play more in the build-up to the World Cup.

And Robinho made his final decision to leave for Santos on loan after being told he would only start in a third of City's games.

The striker, 25, had been advised by national team boss Dunga that he needed to play regularly to earn a place in Brazil's squad for South Africa.

"I was not playing at Manchester City, right?" said Robinho. "So I was honest with Mancini. I told him I want to play in the World Cup and that I have to play all the games I can until then.

"He told me he already has his team. I replied that I can't play one game and not play the next two, and he understood.

"Dunga's message to me was very clear - if I don't play regularly for my club side, then I do not go to South Africa.

"I will come back to City in the summer and prove that I'm not a player who sits on the bench.

"This is not just an escape from English football. I have thought about the move seriously and I thought I should have been in the starting team at City."

Mancini had wanted Robinho to go on loan to high-fliers Sao Paulo, but Robinho insisted he wanted to return to his first club Santos.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/711971/ROBINHOS-PLEA-TO-MANCINI-WAS-IGNORED.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/f ... NORED.html</a>

Re: Robinho: I'm Coming Back To City In The Summer(?)

Get in! get some confidence back in the lad and get him back after a brilliant World Cup year!

Good to hear. He has to be a huge success for Santos and then have a great world cup if he is to win over his doubters before he comes back.

When's his first game?

Let's hope he can do the business. Yea when's his first game, will there be any links?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Let's hope he can do the business. Yea when's his first game, will there be any links?

Brazilian domestic football is confusing the fuck out of me.

The Fat el Hombre said:
shady will sort us out

I hope it's true.

But if Robinho couldn't make it in the Premiership is he really going to be Dunga's first choice for Brazil?

maybe he read my email to his fansite, i said he was a coward and he was escaping the responsibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.