Robinho interview

carlosJPA08 said:
My opinion is wrong about him? Why? Because you said so? you can keep defend Robinho, but nobody here in Brazil thinks he wants to play for city....

I'd also guess most people in Brazil have never been to Manchester, don't know much about Manchester City and don't know much more than; "we were taken over and are now very rich."

I think if you knew a bit more about the club's fans, our culture and values and where we're heading, you might change your mind a bit.

Robinho could easily make it very clear he wants out and have Barca waiting to picj up the pieces if needed.

This with knobs on

Robbie is a fabulous player but we cannot afford a total passenger. If he looks like he wants to play I won't mind if he jumps out of the odd tackle. One thing I would hate is if he went elsewhere and showed how good he is.

For now "We've got Robinho!" :O)

It's amazing there's so many psychics on here that know what's going on inside his head.

He said in the interview he needs to work hard but you'd rather assume he's lying just so your shit opinion isn't wrong.

& you believe in everything a player says in an interview?

the bottom line is if you pay 32million for a player, you expect a return. In robinho's context we expect goals- to which he has not scored once this season.
Not only has he not scored his passing and overall game-play has been awful.
Additionally, his teamsmanship and attitude is incredibly poor, walking down to the dressers after being substituted and not supporting the team.

If you think otherwise, don't get your hopes up; unless this guy has a major overhaul of every aspect in his city career

Aussie! said:
It's amazing there's so many psychics on here that know what's going on inside his head.

He said in the interview he needs to work hard but you'd rather assume he's lying just so your shit opinion isn't wrong.

& you believe in everything a player says in an interview?

the bottom line is if you pay 32million fr a player, you expect a return. In robinho's context we expect goals which he has not scored once this season.
not only has he not score his passing and overall gameplay has been awful.
Additionally, his teamsmanship and attitude is incredibly poor, walking down to the dressers after being substituted and not supporting the team.

If you think otherwise, don't get your hopes up. unless this guy has a major overhaul of every aspect in his city career

He's started 6 premier leauge games, how many goals did Tevez score in his first 6 leauge games this season for us? We've seen how he's gone on from there. People going on about Robinho being terrible this season like he's in the worst form ever fail to acknowledge that you cannot really judge a player who has just come back from 3 months out and only started 3 leauge games since his injury

I'm one of Robinho's biggest fans and continue to defend him but when he gets a chance he has to show that he has a willingness to succeed and start to perform to the level that he's capable of

He's started 6 premier leauge games, how many goals did Tevez score in his first 6 leauge games this season for us? We've seen how he's gone on from there. People going on about Robinho being terrible this season like he's in the worst form ever fail to acknowledge that you cannot really judge a player who has just come back from 3 months out and only started 3 leauge games since his injury

I'm one of Robinho's biggest fans and continue to defend him but when he gets a chance he has to show that he has a willingness to succeed and start to perform to the level that he's capable of

I agree failsworth, but i think what you may' be missing as per others perspective on robinho - and what i also mentioned was his overall contribution.

does robinho run and track back to defend like tevez does?

he hardly ever tackles.

what you are also failing (excuse the pun) to acknowledge is his attitude. piss poor.

when there is a 1v 1 situation with a loose ball , rob goes half hearted and loses ball- how many times have we seen that happen. sorry but being out injured does not impede your mentality and atttitude.

What a bunch of cocks you all sound. Seriously, what is it with you lot? He says something positive and you all turn it around into a negative and it starts off another slanging match!!

He scored 15 goals last season, he was one of our best players and had a very good debut season.

This season he's started 6 games, been in and out of the side through injury and is lacking in confidence as a result. He'll score a goal or two soon and watch him go.

Some of you don't know you were born; we get a player like Robinho and you moan he doesn't track back enough....really, English football fans are dumb as fuck!

jay_mcfc said:
What a bunch of cocks you all sound. Seriously, what is it with you lot? He says something positive and you all turn it around into a negative and it starts off another slanging match!!

He scored 15 goals last season, he was one of our best players and had a very good debut season.

This season he's started 6 games, been in and out of the side through injury and is lacking in confidence as a result. He'll score a goal or two soon and watch him go.

Some of you don't know you were born; we get a player like Robinho and you moan he doesn't track back enough....really, English football fans are dumb as fuck!

Way to generalise... you're English and a football fan too, right?

I do agree with the bulk of what you've said though, just not how you've said it.

Chippy_boy said:
The way I see it, he's just not been playing that well... and that happens to everyone in football.

He has never really tracked back much nor tackle (ever) and he has always pulled out of challenges. That's Robinho, that's the way he is. He's not very big and he's a bit of whimp. But that's OK, because we didn't buy him to be Nigel de Jong, did we.

We didn't mind when he was beating defenders for fun and scoring and creating goals. But now his form has dipped and we are on his back.

It strikes me he is low on confidence and needs to be loved (I get the impression lots of Brazilian players are similarly needy). And it can't be easy when you get subbed off as a sub and get boo'd off to go with it. We need to show the guy some support, show him he's loved, and we will get the old Robinho back.

Or we can keep boo'ing him, he will never get his confidence back and will never start and will leave in the summer. Up to us really. Personally, I'd rather have one of the most talented footballers in the world staying and dazzling us with scintilating football.

Pretty much sums my feelings up I would love to see Robinho back to his best in a City shirt, he needs our support.

It IS the average English fans mentality though. If a foreigner isn't hard as fuck, prepared to run 20km per game and score a hat-trick every week then he's a lazy, soft mercenary. Robinho will single handedly win us games if e leave him to it but unfortunately he seems to be the new boo-boy and as soon as he tries a pass that doesn't come off he gets abuse. There has to b a certain amount of leeway with flair players, it's not always going to come off and when it doesn't it looks bad, but you have to look past that and think about the 15 goals and many assists over a season.

GStar said:
jay_mcfc said:

Way to generalise... you're English and a football fan too, right?

I do agree with the bulk of what you've said though, just not how you've said it.

It's true though isn't it. We pay £32m for one of the world's most talented footballers and we get all pissy when he isn't doing crunching tackles? That really isn't why we bought him, is it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.