Robinho must stay

Pigeonho said:
I don't want anyone near the club who has openly said they hope we let him go. What would be the point? He doesn't want to play for us, never did. He was forced here by a number of contributing factors. He's served his purpose, (put us on the map in terms of signings), but now its time get rid and learn from it.

He may be an idiot sometimes, speaking too much freely from his mind, but let's not kid ourself here: any player in our team would leave us if Barcelona came with an offer.

Sure, he later on changed his mind and claimed he wanted to go to Santos, but he's still 26 and he'd be able to move to a club like Barcelona in a year's time after re-finding his form again.

(Can't really explain why he would go to Turkey though, I think he said something about re-joining Schneider?)

And let's not forget that TONS of translations get it wrong. Me being from another country in Europe see it all the time, how UK media make sloppy translations. It starts with one newspaper doing a sloppy translation and then all other UK media outlets copy their (wrong) translation.

Outrun said:
Pigeonho said:
I don't want anyone near the club who has openly said they hope we let him go. What would be the point? He doesn't want to play for us, never did. He was forced here by a number of contributing factors. He's served his purpose, (put us on the map in terms of signings), but now its time get rid and learn from it.

He may be an idiot sometimes, speaking too much freely from his mind, but let's not kid ourself here: any player in our team would leave us if Barcelona came with an offer.

Sure, he later on changed his mind and claimed he wanted to go to Santos, but he's still 26 and he'd be able to move to a club like Barcelona in a year's time after re-finding his form again.

(Can't really explain why he would go to Turkey though, I think he said something about re-joining Schneider?)

And let's not forget that TONS of translations get it wrong. Me being from another country in Europe see it all the time, how UK media make sloppy translations. It starts with one newspaper doing a sloppy translation and then all other UK media outlets copy their (wrong) translation.
You might mean Burnd Schuester? (sp), either way I would be clueless why he'd go to Turkey too, to be honest.

As for the mistranslation thing, sure it happens, but this is a guy who organised his own press conference so engineer a move to Chelsea. That is a petulant as it gets and for that reason I believe he has said the things he has said about begging us to let him join Santos. The word 'begging' might have been added for effect, but even so anyone declaring that he wants to stay where he is rather than return, I don't want here. I acknowledge he has also said he would respect his contract though so only time will tell.

Pigeonho said:
Outrun said:

You might mean Burnd Schuester? (sp), either way I would be clueless why he'd go to Turkey too, to be honest.

As for the mistranslation thing, sure it happens, but this is a guy who organised his own press conference so engineer a move to Chelsea. That is a petulant as it gets and for that reason I believe he has said the things he has said about begging us to let him join Santos. The word 'begging' might have been added for effect, but even so anyone declaring that he wants to stay where he is rather than return, I don't want here. I acknowledge he has also said he would respect his contract though so only time will tell.

He did arrange his own press conference to leave Real Madrid which was shown live on sky sports news at the time! If he was so desperate to leave City, surely he would do the same and sky sports would be all over it again? When I see a live press conference where he says he wants out, then I will believe it his intention to leave. Until that it is just press speculation IMHO!

Bert Trautmanns Neck Brace said:
Pigeonho said:

He did arrange his own press conference to leave Real Madrid which was shown live on sky sports news at the time! If he was so desperate to leave City, surely he would do the same and sky sports would be all over it again? When I see a live press conference where he says he wants out, then I will believe it his intention to leave. Until that it is just press speculation IMHO!
Not bothered if he made his own press conference to go to the moon to be honest. Anyone who is contracted to a club and defies that contract by making their own press conference?!!!! It doesn't get anymore arrogant than that. And lets face it head on, he never really wanted to come here did he? He was forced here. His press conference was to push his move to Chelsea but our millions made that impossible but his bed was made and he had no choice to come here. He never wanted to play for us, a fact proven by his away performances, some home ones too and the fact he went on loan to Santos. £32.5m players should not be sent anywhere on loan 15 months after signing for their club, not unless they are that up their own arse they throw tantrums to make it happen. I'll be happy when his contract is held with someone else, not us.

To be fair the press relations with press is totally different in Spain, than in the UK. They are much more open and they have daily football magazines, football shows each evening where they discuss the events, and even have comedy shows where they wear wigs and make skits about the day's events.

Not defending Robinho but comparing it with him re-doing it in City is out of the question, it would never be possible. Spain is different though, where press conferences & interviews happen more often.

Outrun said:
Shaelumstash said:
Totally agree with the OP. If I hear one more person say he doesn't track back I might start blowing stuff up. He's not there to track back, he's there to create and score goals. Did you ever see Gary Lineker track back? Romario? Van Basten? Del Piero?

Watched him for Brazil last night and he was outstanding again. So were David Luiz and Neymar who we've been linked with by the way.

That's not the fans fault for believing that, it's the manager's. Robinho's job WAS to track back when being on the wing. When he didn't, with the formation we played, he left Bridge exposed.

Shaelumstash said:
He's a left sided forward who can also play behind the main striker - like Messi does on the right for Barca, or as a number 10 similar to Del Piero. In a 433 there should be enough cover from the midfielders and full back so that he doesn't have to be putting tackles in on the edge of our box. He plays the same position for Brazil, Real Madrid and Santos and he has done quite well for them.

Yes, we obviously bought a player who wasn't fit into our formation of playing 4-5-1 at the time. But I doubt any manager would reject the transfer at that time anyway.

Well in fairness I don't think any of us know what instructions he was given from the manager regarding how much tracking back he was expected to do. With the players we now have at the club, in the right system Robinho could be outstanding for us this season. As I've said before people are quick to criticise Robinho for a lack of effort, a lot more reluctant to criticise other players for a lack of touch or vision

Outrun said:
To be fair the press relations with press is totally different in Spain, than in the UK. They are much more open and they have daily football magazines, football shows each evening where they discuss the events, and even have comedy shows where they wear wigs and make skits about the day's events.

Not defending Robinho but comparing it with him re-doing it in City is out of the question, it would never be possible. Spain is different though, where press conferences & interviews happen more often.
Wasn't aware of that, but i still don't agree with what he did to get away from there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.