Robinho says adios

Very sad watching that. Saying goodbye to Ireland and SWP are the real hearbreaking ones I think.

absolute legend of a guy, absolutely love him and hope to god that he comes back in 6 months in the form that we all know he's capable of, if it is the end then all i can say is Thankyou Robinho

Am disappointed. Not that he's going as such. More that he failed to display his undoubted talent for City on a consistent basis. I guess with Bellamy and Petrov playing a similar role then we're well covered, so I don't think the team will suffer too much. Could, and perhaps should, have been the talisman of the team but that's Tevez's role now. He only has himself to blame.

I think Bridgy thought he was joking, he looked so suprised like he never even had an idea, probably just goes to show some footballers ignore the TV and the papers.

Damn. That was a great video. Rare look inside the club.

I LOVED Robinho last season and have been depressed about him this year. Got a City home shirt with his name/number and even bought the blue Brazil shirt with his name and number. Now wut the hell do I do with em? I don't support Brazil.

BUT I do think this will be a positive move for both us and him. Will he ever be back? Doubt it, but who knows?

Great to see Kolo and Ade back. Needed that after such a shit day on Wednesday.

RobbieBrewer said:
Sorry to spoil the "love in" but this is my take on it.

Dear Robinho-please go away and enjoy your time taking the easy option and being a very big fish at sunny Santos,rather than staying,doing the hard yards and battling for your place on a cold January afternoon to help the club you joined and vowed to win silverware- or at least help get the "winning mentality" from Madrid you told us you missed so much.

When (or if) you do us the honour of coming back,having no doubt starred on the pitch with all your best mates in the Brazil team at the WC,please then do us serfs in Manchester the decent service of applying yourself in the same manner for your £1??,000 a week.

Finally-stop courting other clubs in public-or at least,stop giving "mixed messages," and wise-up saying things to the media that can be interpreted in such a way as to give ammunition to those that would try and destabilise and belittle us.

It does you and us absolutely no favours.

So remember-you have a real good time in Brazil while Tevez continues to slog his guts out for us in the cold.
After all-it's all about you.

This. I won't miss him at all, and hopefully his place will be taken by someone who is willing to work, and put themselves out for the team, rather then a player who was going through the motions, and vanished down the tunnel when subbed. Come back when you can be arsed Robinho.

Freestyler said:
I think Bridgy thought he was joking, he looked so suprised like he never even had an idea, probably just goes to show some footballers ignore the TV and the papers.

Think Bridge HAS been looking at the papers and TV recently....

But no, it was an excellent video. Quite a unique look into the situation. Well done for putting it up there, very interesting to watch.

Can't believe some are pleased to see him go. There's much talk about a glass ceiling in the Premiership, and it's true to say that it's extremely difficult to break into the top four. The reason? These clubs have the best players. Hard work, committment to the cause, team spirit, etc, will only get you so far. Well run, well managed clubs like Everton, Fulham, Stoke, will have the occasional top club as a scalp, but have zero chance of breaking the top four because they lack quality. There's a lot of talk on here about formations, managers, coaching styles, and that's all well and good, but at the end of the day footballs about players, and the team with the most quality players will come out on top nine times out of ten. Robinho's loss is a major blow, because when he is song, he is definitely our best player. Hopefully he is going somewhere where he will feel loved and appreciated again, and I predict some excellent performances from him leading up to a starring role for Brazil in the World Cup. He goes with my best wishes, and I hope to see him back in City blue next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.