Robinho - What Could Have Been?

Ricster

That night watching transfer deadline day and hearing with about 10 minutes to go we were about to sign one of the big names in the game, maybe still to this day, still feels like a dream.
I know people dont like the way he behaved at the club, nor were they to happy at his performances on the road, but im sat here this lunch time thinking what could have been?
We have seen the transformation of players since Mancini has arrived, the likes of Kompany, Lescott, Richards, Zabaletta, De Jong, Hart and even Tevez. What is it the Italian has?
Now i cant help but think just how different things might have been if we had employed Mancini from the outset. A manager who understands the game, a manager who is willing to allow players to prove their worth, a manager who can man manage a player to get the best from them.
Was Robinho really the problem? Or was there more to it? Was it Hughes inability to get the best out of the players that left the little Brazilian with the feeling he had nowhere to go but out of the club?
Take Joe Hart for example. Whether you like it or not, if it wasn't for the change of manager he was gone. Everyone could see how good he was but Hughes chose to go with Given instead of the future.
I believe Mancini would have got the best from Robinho, im not so sure he'd still be here, but those glimpses of magic that we stared at in awe, wouldve been on a more regular basis and maybe the way he left would have been a lot more pleasing for both parties.

"We had Robinho,
We had Robinho."

Just not at his best.

Always a cracking player but he isnt doing that good at AC. 15 Goals in his first season was not a bad return for a winger at all imagine if Johnno scored that many, England fans would be going mental and Liverpool would bid 100million for him

That **** Hughes has plenty to answer for, this, more than anything.

He hung that lad out to fucking dry in some team selections.

Robinho in this current team and we would go very close to winning everything, including the Champions League.

Don't have a bad word to say about the lad.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
That **** Hughes has plenty to answer for, this, more than anything.

He hung that lad out to fucking dry in some team selections.

Robinho in this current team and we would go very close to winning everything, including the Champions League.

Don't have a bad word to say about the lad.

I wasn't trying to be as obvious in my op, but yep, nail on the head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.